Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Wonder

Post Thanks / Like
    It is no wonder why the US is in the financial difficulties it is in. To say nothing of frivolous stuff put in bills by our Congress here is the latest folly.

The US is required to conduct a Census every 10 years. This year is it. They are spending, presumably, millions of dollars advertising on TV and Radio and shoving it down our throats. And then there is this.

Approximately 2 weeks ago, every household in America received a letter from the Census Bureau, announcing, in NO LESS than 6 languages, that we would receive our Census forms shortly. Then, of course the mailing of census forms to every household. Now yesterday we get ANOTHER mailing, reminding us that we should have already received our census forms and to make sure we mail them back.

Now HOW STUPID is all this? I know we need to know how many people we have in this country and where we are all living, but this is OVERKILL.

And yes by the way I mailed mine back the day I got it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. Too bad they don't care enough to count everyone by the groups in which they most identify.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep! Couldn't agree with you more!

The whole government seems to have gone totally bonkers about most everything. From health care to taxes to the census. I'm getting kind of sick of the whole thing. And the useless bickering in Congress. They all sound like a room full of kindergarten kids fighting over their favorite toy.

Enough already!

Quit your stupid fighting. Quit wasting OUR money. Quit with the pork barrel spending. Get your heads together and actually SOLVE some problems. Quit creating more.

I'm sick of the lot of them!

Tom (... Homer Simpson for President!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 198086
    ...They all sound like a room full of kindergarten kids fighting over their favorite toy....
    That, sir, is an insult to Kindergartner's everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 198088
    That, sir, is an insult to Kindergartner's everywhere.
    True. Too true. My DW's kindergarten classes were all much better behaved than Congress.

Tom (... who thinks knee huggers are cute!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 198090
    True. Too true. My DW's kindergarten classes were all much better behaved than Congress.

Tom (... who thinks knee huggers are cute!)
    And for the most, they're smarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 198092
    And for the most, they're smarter

Tom (... sad but true!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree! We keep getting postcards from the census too! What a waste of money.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We could not believe that we got a letter telling us we were going to get a letter So crazy!!

I have no idea what this government is doing. This isn't an Obama slam..this is an everyone totally across the board from one end to the other slam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 198113
    I have no idea what this government is doing. This isn't an Obama slam..this is an everyone totally across the board from one end to the other slam.
    Absolutely, totally, 100% agree!

Somebody needs to the lot of them!

Tom (... whatever happened to "the people"? Of, by and for?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast