Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yet another Ireland pre-trippie!

Post Thanks / Like
    The plans are still coming together but so far it's definitely Me, Mum, Matthew and Matthews friend Ace. My niece Billie is STILL trying to make up her mind! The dates are 2nd to 11th August.

Now, Bill and Ann have both been very, very poorly so Mum and i have said we'll make the beds yup and cook the dinners while we're there if they're still feeling bad.

Remember they couldn't make it to the wedding? Bill had to have tests and he's had a muscle infection which has meant he could barely move, he's on medication now though and is getting back to normal as far as I can make out. Ann is now seeing her doctor too as she is in a great deal of pain, as she has the same symptoms as Mum we're guessing she probably has Rheumatoid Arthritis too....not nice.

Anyway, just because I want to tell you Matthew will be 11 +4 days when we leave, Ace 11 -26 days, and Billie 16 +7 days!

I will not divulge the age of myself or my Mother!

I'm really looking forward to it, and I know Mum is too. The boys are quite excited and i feel excited too at the thought of sharing it Ace as a first time visitor..... does that sentence actually make an sense? i know you'll know what I mean even if it doesn't! I know he'll love it and it just reminds me of the fabulous times my boys and my nieces and nephews experienced on their first ever, and subsequent, trips.

I need to count up all my Tesco clubcard vouchers (loyalty vouchers). I think I have around 90 so multiply that by 4 and it should cover the ferry costs....yes the dreaded ferry!

After swearing off the ferry after our nasty seasickness episode we went back on it last April and it was fine so would you keep those fingers crossed for this time please!

Anyway, i have to cash in the vouchers and get the ferry booked so i need Billie to make her decision and once that's done the rest should be simple.

Mum is getting a new car in April which we'll be travelling in, that'll be nice thankyouverymuch! A nice Citreon C4 Picasso with reclining back seats, that'll be fantastic for the boys to have sleep comfortably on the long journey.

We were going to drive over to the west to see the dolphins but have decided against it this time, so we'll go to Waterford to the Magic Road where the car travels backwards up the hill, and then on to the Mahon Falls which is a waterfall in the Comeragh Mountains. We've been there before and this time we are trying to find out how to get to the actual river too - it's obviously up on top of that big mountain somewhere, and if they do whitewater rafting on it then there must be a way of getting to it!

On another day we plan to drive the Wicklow mountains and go to the
    Waterfall - just hoping for nice weather as the last time we were there in August it rained almost non stop for 2 weeks.

Other than that there'll be the usual sand dunes, beaches, mountains, town, Kilmore Quay where we'll hopefully see the seals again.....oooh I can't wait!

That's all folks.....will be back with more when there's an update! Thanks for reading

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any idea how much we'd love to be with you?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds fantastic You'll have a ball!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I do know Tink

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I come too please? I'll cook and make the beds and wash the dishes.... It all sounds so wonderful Mairead. Please post lots of pictures for us to see. I'm hoping in the next 2 years to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    wouldn't it be fab if you could all come too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jumpers, thermals , coats and long sleeves.

You will have a great time. I spent many a summer running around the wicklow mountains.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow. That just made my heart ache. Seriously. Wicklow Mountains... I can hear Christy Moore ...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    House Down on Carne

Christy Moore sang a song written by my Uncle Doc in protest to a nuclear power station....it was never built.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 198347
    Jumpers, thermals , coats and long sleeves.

it *is* August you know........

so I'd better bring the wellies and raincoats too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast