Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Health Insurance Reform Passes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Tom! All good points and very well said.

It is a broken system and starting somewhere to clean up the mess is better than never starting. It costs money to do clean ups and fix broken systems. What is not understood (or is refused to be seen?) is that is costs MORE money to function with a broken system!

Congress needs to be voted out if they are not going to work for the good of the nation. Politics was never meant to be a profession. It was originally intended (in this country) to be a time of service to one's country, and then stepping down. We were not supposed to have the kind of government that needed the Teddy Kennedys and other long term politicians to get things done.

Maybe that's one reform we need to push... term limits for all offices.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 198257
    Ok I had some long silly post here about my thoughts and feelings, but it is 2:40 in the morning and I don't feel that great and I can't say that much of it would have made any sense.

I was one of the many who voiced my concern on facebook and I guess if I'm part of the "uneducated republicans" then even though I am not uneducated or republican then so be it.

It isn't the reform that bother me the most in all of this. God knows things need to change. It is all of the junk that was pushed through along with this bill. No one read it and no one knows how we are going to pay for it. Where is all this money going to come from? They say it will save us money, but how much is it going to cost us first?

That and for some reason Congress is exempt from this bill?? Why? If they are passing something so great and wonderful for the rest of the Country then why wouldn't they want to be part of it themselves? That scares me? It just feels like someone is pulling something over on me.

I try never to talk about these things because I always end up feeling stupid in the end, but we are on such a slippery trail here. I'm worried where we are all going to land.

Oh Shelly, I am sorry! You are NOT one I am referring to. In fact, I don't think I've even seen you post about the healthcare stuff on FB.

I am NOT referring to anyone who posts on here. These are just people that live here in VA that I went to high school with. Stupid then, stupid now.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 198353
    Oh Shelly, I am sorry! You are NOT one I am referring to. In fact, I don't think I've even seen you post about the healthcare stuff on FB.

I am NOT referring to anyone who posts on here. These are just people that live here in VA that I went to high school with. Stupid then, stupid now.

honestly I was tired and grumpy. As Katie would say I was one of the "dorfs" ya know..the ones with Snow White. She calls them dorfs.

Anyway. I totally agree with what you are saying, Tink. Things are not going as they should. I think half of Congress agrees with the President and the other half doesn't and I honestly don't think any of them are listening to us and what we want??? I mean isn't that the point? I don't like the "this is the way it is going to be - so shut up" attitude of what has been going on lately.

As for Biden..well I think he is just there so SNL has something to do

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 198377

Best. Line. Ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!!!! I seriously can't breathe!!!!!

Shellyamc, that is absolutely PERFECT!!!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 198377

Straight man for Tina Fey, maybe?

Tom (... oh sure, you betcha!)

Post Thanks / Like
    We are doomed as a country until our elected officials, no matter their party affiliation, start working for the good of the people instead of their special interest groups....or should I say their "meal tickets".

That being said, I'm glad they finally got something passed for health reform. I'm sure there were many of these same questions and concerns when social security and medicare was first passed as well.

"...and that's all I have to say about that."

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12