Thread: Tom I know you love Douglas Adams..

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried

Terry Pratchett

Tom Holt

or

Robert Rankin?

All fill my shelves - if not next time you are down the library it might be worth a punt.

or an iPad book - although I doubt some of them like ' Hollow chocolate bunnies of the apocolypse' will ever make it into e-form

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 198361
    Have you tried

Terry Pratchett

Tom Holt

or

Robert Rankin?

All fill my shelves - if not next time you are down the library it might be worth a punt.
    Nope. Never have but duly noted! Thanks for the references. There's so many authors yet so little time!

I'm thinking now that if I get an iPad, the first literary entities to go on it would be the collected works of D. Adams. Along with a cover for it that has "Don't Panic" printed on the front in big, friendly letters!

Tom (... feeling the inexorable pull of the iPad!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah its amazing how science fact has caught up =- was watching Janeway on star trek reading a 'pad' last night and thought how it was actually inferior to the iPad

If you do choose to pick any of the authors let me know and I'll point you in the direction of a good starter one for each but I'm sure they will appeal to your particular sense of humour

Amazing how all threads lead to apple :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to have a canvas book bag (and t-shirt!) that said, "So Many Books... So Little Time." :D :D

Well, the t-shirt wasn't canvas, mind.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 198406
    Well, the t-shirt wasn't canvas, mind.
    Good thing. That might've been just a tad uncomfortable. Especially during the Florida summers!

Tom (... who's weathered the occasional Florida summer himself!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 198403
    If you do choose to pick any of the authors let me know and I'll point you in the direction of a good starter one for each but I'm sure they will appeal to your particular sense of humour
    Well, aim me in an appropriate direction for each of them. We usually head to the local library each week and I like to have a list of "potentials" with me when I do. Makes it so much easier than randomly browsing the shelves!

Tom (... having a "being lead to Apple" kind of day!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom Holt - Here comes the Sun was the first one I read

Terry Pratchett ( its not all about orcs and Goblins its actually a brilliant parody of our lives' - Well for starters I'd go for the Fifth Elephant, Making Money, going postal or any of the 'death' ones to start with

Robert Rankin - (very bizarre and very British humour) I doubt they will carry them in your librarys to be honest - any of the Brentford trilogy (5 or 6 of them). Nostradamus ate my hamster, Armageddon the musical, Sex drugs and sausage rolls, snuff fiction, waiting for godalming - they are all brilliant in their own way but you kind of have to get 'into' them

Post Thanks / Like
    give me a good serial killer book anyday!! or vampires of course!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if their titles are any indication, I think I'd really like them!

I'll have to see what I can find. "Nostradamus ate my hamster" has a certain ring to it and "Armageddon the musical" sounds truly apocalyptic! Both sound as thoroughly demented as I am.

I'll check out my local library! Although I don't hold out much hope there. They've usually only got about two books on the shelves and one of them's already been colored in.

Tom (... who misses the old card catalog!)