Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Mississippi

Post Thanks / Like
    A high school in Mississippi has cancelled its prom to stop a lesbian student attending with her girlfriend.

The world of Mississippi has officially gone back in time 100 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    not only there sadly, in our very own country as well.

Just boggles the mind doesn't it?

"On June 18, 2009, Eadie reserved the room through a telephone conversation with Susan Molnar. A few minutes later, Les Molnar called Eadie and asked whether or not he and Thomas were a couple.

In their complaint, Eadie and Thomas stated that after hearing Eadie confirm that they were together, Les told him: “Then this is not going to work out.” Les claimed that he said: “I’m sorry, I don’t think it’s going to work out.”"

Les doesn’t deny that he rejected the reservation because to “allow a gay couple to share a bed in my Christian home would violate my Christian beliefs and cause me and my wife great distress”.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a facebook page on the prom issues (so I've been told) and there is a plan underway to have a prom for the kids.

On the opposite side, there is a very small town in Georgia that is going ahead with their prom and allowing two boys to attend as a couple.

Does it really matter? I mean for heaven's sake a relative of mine went to her prom with a group of GIRLS, and not a boy in sight for no reason other than they wanted to have fun and not have to deal with all that "prom night stuff." :)

Interesting that the kids don't care, but the adults do.

Also, there is still a place in the south where the white kids have their own prom separate from the African American kids who have their own prom. How's that for progress.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad reading this Narrow minded people - they will always be there with their c**p views

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I know... its really stupid how adults just make a big deal out of NOTHING

just let the kids be!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    There was something about a couple here last week being declined a night as they wanted to share a bed.

What gave me such hope was this was on the main news and was dubbed 'outrageous' - its when bigotry like this is passed off as normal that I think I'd be more worried

The Mississippi thing is just ....grrrrr :mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    So they abandon the year prom to make sure the couple dont attend? Why? Does this make it an easier option than banning them and potentially having them sue? I mean, I dont know but it sounds like they are using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. How ridiculous!

Margarert

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a few girls taken out of our prom by the cops and taken off to the hospital because they were so sloppy drunk..no one really seemed to care about that

Post Thanks / Like
    how ridiculous, errrrmmmmm excuse me this is the 21st century the whold worlds going bonkers
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    This actually happened a little while back. The rest of the school is in an uproar because their prom has been canceled and is talking about suing the school district. Ellen Degeneres gave the girl $30,000.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast