Thread: Things I did not know about the Dining Plan...

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the Dining Plan in and of itself is a highly volatile issue, and by and large I agree with the complaints that most people vocalize. Having said that, I must admit, when it's offered for free I do love taking advantage of it.

We will be doing just that in August, and I recently made our ADR's for the upcoming trip. Whilst doing a bit of research I learned a few things I hadn't known before, so I thought I'd share!

For instance did you know that:

• Table Service Credits for children 3-9 include an appetizer (as well as entree, dessert and beverage).
    • Breakfast Credits (Table & Counter) include both a juice AND another beverage (non-alcoholic).
    • While Cinderella's Royal Table *does* require 2 TSC, that also includes your gratuity, something not generally covered by Table Service Credits.
    • Gratuity is also included when using 2 TSC for one of the Dinner Shows (Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Mickey's Backyard BBQ).
    • You can also use TSC for Room Service. When ordering from the menu you are entitled to one entree, one dessert and one non-alcoholic beverage. (Children 3-9 are also entitled to an appetizer). For each meal ordered, 2 TSC will be redeemed from your plan. This also includes gratuity.
    • You can also use 2 Adult TSC for pizza delivery to your room. Each order consists of 1 pizza item, 2 non-alcoholic beverages and 2 desserts. Gratuity is also included.

So then, does anyone else have any Disney Dining Plan "Secrets" they'd care to share?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Good info. I don't see myself using it, but it's nice to have it here to access.

Then again, free is silly to refuse, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Free is indeed hard to refuse...especially when it allows to make two trips w/ my family vs. one

Doesn't mean I don't do my fare share of complaining though ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    When we used one of the counter service credits for a combo meal I always asked for fruit instead of the included dessert. It doesn't tell you that anywhere but there was never any problem.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    OOH! Excellent...I've not found myself a fan of many of the Counter Service desserts.

Post Thanks / Like
    super tips!!

Post Thanks / Like
    When it's free, it means you can eat off site once in awhile without any guilt about the money you would spend!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Free is a good thing!

Nice tip about the fruit.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you can get fruit if they have it. I usually get the fruit when dining at the resort food court.