Thread: is a small camera enough for disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    more questions

is a small camera enough to get great shots in disney or do we really need to upgrade to one of the bigger ones with lensses and things?

if we need to upgrade how much do we need to get started?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that's a tough question, but I think I'm going to answer with: it depends. :D

Actually I think it's a personal preference. I have a great small camera (I actually carry it in my purse all the time) and I also have my dslr. I did have a larger digital that I carried at WDW. I have not taken my dslr yet though.

I love taking pictures so I want to take my big fancy camera, but I'm sure while I'm walking around feeling like a pack horse I will wish I had my small one. In fact, I will likely take both.

And again, one of my big things at disney is taking pictures. They are my big souvenir.

So, it depends. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    i've always done disney with a point and shoot before and got some great photos. In fact next time we go i will be taking both, I will carry the pas with me all the time and take the big camera when i have more time to get some more arty shots. These days the quality in pas cameras is very good.

Now if you do want to buy a bigger camera then we can help!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a small Panasonic Lumix and it takes excellent pictures, both close-ups and panoramic.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    This used to be a real consideration but this year is the year of the compact "pen" style devices with larger sensors and removable lenses.

I have the one in the picture and it's superb. Quality is up there with SLRs but by getting rid of the mirror, they've made a smaller camera and still kept interchangeable lenses (the one pictured is a pancake lens, 20mm f1.7 so it's a fast lens but still tiny enough to be pocketable)

The pros have been scrabbling to get these and so they've been a bit of a secret whilst still being hard to find on the shelves but stock is a bit easier to find now.

The main makes at the moment are Olympus with their Pen cameras, Panasonic GF1 and samsung with the nx10
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    we bought a small fuji camera when we were over there and i got some great shots with it

Post Thanks / Like
    whenever i use the point and shoot now i try and look through the eye piece- bit embarassing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 199233
    whenever i use the point and shoot now i try and look through the eye piece- bit embarassing!!

when i got my newest camera it's got both on and i switch mode, i end up being very very confused as to which i should be looking at!