Thread: Apple rumored to launch iPad internationally on April 24

Post Thanks / Like
    New evidence of a potential April 24 launch of the iPad in Canada has led to speculation that the Saturday could serve as Apple's "late April" international launch date for the new hardware.

Employees of Apple's retail stores in Canada were reportedly told that the weekend of April 24 is a "blackout period" for staff, meaning no employees are allowed to book the days off, according to iPadinCanada.ca. That date would fit with the timeline revealed by Apple earlier this month, which said Canada, along with the U.K., France, Germany, Australia, Italy, Japan, Spain and Switzerland, would receive the hardware in late April.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    mmmhh I think I will be at Cardiff store to 'have a look....'

Post Thanks / Like
    I shall be going to a store may bank holiday weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so excited about the ipad. I hate laptops with a passion. Because of my eyesight but the ipad means l can have it at what distance i need. I might have to wait til Christmas but l can't wait to see the pics of everyone's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 199467
    I'm so excited about the ipad. I hate laptops with a passion. Because of my eyesight but the ipad means l can have it at what distance i need. I might have to wait til Christmas but l can't wait to see the pics of everyone's.
    We've been testing the capabilities (using an iphone) to see if we can get away with giving them to our network guys instead of bulky laptops because they hate carrying around laptops when they're on call.

Since they come with VPN access and people have written so many proper apps for them, with the larger screen we really think we may be able to

So pretty exciting really
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 199469
    We've been testing the capabilities (using an iphone) to see if we can get away with giving them to our network guys instead of bulky laptops because they hate carrying around laptops when they're on call.

Since they come with VPN access and people have written so many proper apps for them, with the larger screen we really think we may be able to

So pretty exciting really

Now l am even more excited. I will await further news on how successful it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    ....still waiting for proce which seems strange for something that has its US price announced and is apparently in shops in 4 weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be willing to bet they are waiting for all the reviews to say that they are fantastic and that way they can charge more I really want to go and buy one NOW, still going to hold out for the 2nd version though I think.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)