Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question for the ladies

Post Thanks / Like
    has anyone ever used the gradual tanning moisturizers? I bought a bottle and I'm afraid to use it! But after a long winter I hate to go to Florida looking like a glass of milk!!

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I never have, but my Mom's neighbor did one time. Ended up with the weirdest shade of orange skin! Then it got all stripey...

I'd go with pale and natural!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 199499
    No, I never have, but my Mom's neighbor did one time. Ended up with the weirdest shade of orange skin! Then it got all stripey...

I'd go with pale and natural!
    Thats exactly what happened to me! Thought I would be better off with the tanning moisturisers rather than the full on bottle tans because I have very dry skin but I still ended up with white legs and dark browny orange ankles - not a great look!

I think you may be OK if your sking is very soft and smooth and use sparingly to start because the one I used was a lot stronger than I thought it would be!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I use them most summers as I'm really pale.

You have to exfoliate first and then amke sure you rub in circular motions.

The moisturiser ones don't streak much - it's usally the other ones that do that.

Stat out with the lighter shade and you should be ok

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    How do they work exactly? Are you actually dyeing the skin????

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea really lol, the ones from years ago were really bad!! I was hoping that they had improved since then. I'm going to try it today and see I think, I still have 2 weeks before I wear capris and if it's really bad it will fade by then or of course people could !!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used them, wasn't too bad but did end up with some small areas of orange.

I have seen the effects on other people and must say that if you are going to do your legs make sure you remember to do your feet as well, tanned legs with white feet is not a good look!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to wear capris... then why would you use the coloring stuff? (Says Tink the totally unconcerned about personal appearance weirdo)!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used the Jergens (I think that's the brand) lotion with a hint of color. It's just ok IMHO. I didn't turn orange but I did use it for 2 weeks everyday and some parts (knees, ankle area, wrists, around fingernails) do pick up an orange tint.

It's ok for subtle color so you're not so shocking white. Being from WNY I feel your pain!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, I'm with you. I am A-ok with pale. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast