Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I might be in the minority on this!

Quote Originally Posted by Piglit, post: 12570
    Surely anyone who is that concerned with calorie counting would already have a good idea of food content.
    I'm pretty much clued up on a lot of things but restaurant food is near impossible to guess at without knowing the recipe and cooking methods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 12634
    Looks like I might be in the minority on this!

I'm pretty much clued up on a lot of things but restaurant food is near impossible to guess at without knowing the recipe and cooking methods.
    I do agree with what you are saying Claire, and like I said before it's the perceived 'healthy options' that I think are the main problem, I'm sure a lot of salads have more calories than certain other options on the menu but in a lot of other ways they are probably better for you than other items on a menu (portions of veggies etc).

I would still rather the information was there for anyone who wants it, but not plastered all over the menu.

I think a section on menus for 'under 500 calories' or the like is a good way to go although as others have said just because they are lower in calories doesn't always make it more healthy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie0610, post: 12627
    I Watch what you order because servers and people you are eating with will be counting your calories!

i have a co-worker that does that, she's probably a size zero and eats less than a sparrow, one day when she makes a comment i'm going to tie her to the chair and force feed her cake

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 12667
    i have a co-worker that does that, she's probably a size zero and eats less than a sparrow, one day when she makes a comment i'm going to tie her to the chair and force feed her cake
    Can I watch? Can I??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 12667
    If you're offering free cake you wouldn't have to tie me down!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say i think its a good idea. If i am on holiday then i tend not to worry to much as i am away to enjoy myself but if i have gone out to lunch during the week then i would like to know.
    I try to eat a healthy diet during the week but at weekends i let myself have the odd treat. Saying that i would not eat a dessert i knew had my entire weeks calories in, well unless i am on holiday or its that time of the month.

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe have a sheet available at the table or on a board in the resteraunt or something rather than on the menu?
    Orrr have this under each item:

Obviously not that same design, but we have them on food cartons here and they do help!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is that many people need to know specifics. I need to know how many grams of carbohydrate, and how many grams of sugar (although that can be rolled into the carbs). I need fiber grams. I am struggling to control my blood glucose right now and can't leave things to guessing. I would much rather eat at home where I know what I'm getting, but that isn't always possible with my work. I have to eat out rather often, so for me the information is very important.

Having said all that, I completely realize that many folks don't want or need that detail. It would be nice if there were a separate sheet that gave the nutritional breakdown of all the dishes offered. Then whomever needed it could ask for it, and the others could just ignore it.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 14174
    Having said all that, I completely realize that many folks don't want or need that detail. It would be nice if there were a separate sheet that gave the nutritional breakdown of all the dishes offered. Then whomever needed it could ask for it, and the others could just ignore it.
    That's pretty much exactly what a local restaurant has done. They've reinvented themselves to use all local produce and when they bring the menu, they offer an "ingredients datasheet". It lists the ingredients, the local farms they were purchased from along with a photo of the farmer, his/her farm etc. Then the callories, average fat, carb etc. content once cooked. Same for sauces which are all now optional on any dish.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That is perfect! Best of both worlds!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast