Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unveiling - my iPad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 200097
    I am smiling with thought of the new members reading this thread and trying to see a connection to disney (even thought it is clear that we all can talk about whatever!)

It would be great if disney does some apps that can be downloaded and we can get fastpass on the day and do ADR while we at the park.... mmhh or even order foods and drinks!

Ooohhh we could even download the ride photos!!!!!!!
    Ah but Jeff this is not just a site about Disney parks it's a site for Disney people who are a very special and rare breed of enlightened individuals

Post Thanks / Like
    yep all good points

I keep going back and forth on it. The most likely places of use would be home (wifi), work (wifi), datacentre (wifi), hotel room (wifi).

...but part of me says ok you throw the ipad in the car, drive off somewhere and need to just browse around or get to a server. Then I think yeah but won't that be just so rare as not to justify the additional cost. ARHGHGHG
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 200100
    Ah but Jeff this is not just a site about Disney parks it's a site for Disney people who are a very special and rare breed of enlightened individuals
    What a lovely way to describe people here :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 200054
    Other way round for me - since I bought the iMac - which is the best computer I have ever owned in every single way the macbook only gets a look in for portable stuff which is fine as it was bought for that

The iMacs are just epic at the moment
    See.. my iMac is currently in Niamh's playroom (until I bother my butt to move the tort's hibernation fridge out of my room to make space again) so my macbook is really handy just for sitting on the couch or on my bed to do colllege work/browse the net etc.

Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 200081
    One thing to think about here folks.

I've checked on mine and I can't find anyplace to specify which iTunes store to connect to. The Settings app on the iPad has an option to configure which account you're going to use to buy apps, music, etc. but I haven't found anywhere to specify which iTunes store you want to use. Perhaps it's location based but right now, I don't know. All this "may" have some impact on where you'd buy versus where you'd use.

Just something to think about and be aware of.

Tom (... still looking...)
    Funny you should mention that. We went to a restaurant next door to macdonalds in Hong Kong and I got onto their free wifi. I tried to buy a HK game (just to test) and it was only until I'd put my password into iTunes that it realised I was a UK person and defaulted back to my UK app store I'm assuming it'd be the same for the iTunes store...
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 200100
    enlightened individuals
    That's not what my DW says...

Tom (... yes dear!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 200103
    Funny you should mention that. We went to a restaurant next door to macdonalds in Hong Kong and I got onto their free wifi. I tried to buy a HK game (just to test) and it was only until I'd put my password into iTunes that it realised I was a UK person and defaulted back to my UK app store I'm assuming it'd be the same for the iTunes store...
    Yep. I'm sure that's the way it would work Josh. Figured that one out myself after I posted earlier and realized that I sounded like an idiot. Like I said, Homer strikes again!

Tom (... suitably chagrined! )

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh so jealous, i want one. Why are we always last in the UK. Its very nice

Post Thanks / Like
    That's exactly my dilemma Keith!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my biggest complaint, they SO should have made it able to use the iphone for a data connection! We've paid for the phone, we've paid for the data contract already, so it really grates not only to have to pay more the a 3g ipad but then have to pay for yet another data contract grrrrrrrr

The more I think about it, the more I think wifi only :/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly where I'm at. Did anyone else get the April fools from IWOOT? Where you could plug an iPhone into a touch screen to turn it into a pad

I'm excited about this. It feels like the future.

Still .......

... And I know what the apple boys will say to this. It would be perfect with flash support.

At the endof the day it's all about $$$$ my iMac and MacBook support flash it's all about the app store.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast