Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unveiling - my iPad

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dawn

OMG he had a whipples proceedure never known anyone last more than a few months after those and he had his in 2004 then a transplant a few months back.

Apple really do last longer

However..

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG I haven't ever seen a Stephen fry youtube before will have to watch more - if possible I lve him even more now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 200803

Thanks for the link Chris!

Oddly enough, I had already read that article. It was linked off the Apple web site on April 1st. I really did like the guys style of writing. And you're right, the last line of the article was especially good.

And poignant!

Tom (... I'm having to use IE7 at the moment and I HATE IT!)

Post Thanks / Like
    version 6 here

Stephen has just done the follow up to Douglas and Mark Carwadines 'last chance to see' he revisted the same places Mark and Douglas visited for the book

Excellent series I hope you get to watch it sometime.

Is the typing lag on the iPad still irritating you - noticed it does it on the phone as well as I am a reasonably quick typer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 200882
    Is the typing lag on the iPad still irritating you - noticed it does it on the phone as well as I am a reasonably quick typer
    Actually, no. I don't know if I've just become acclimated to it or what, but it doesn't seem to bother me as much as it did. Either I've trained the iPad or it's trained me. Either way, it doesn't seem to be much of an issue anymore.

Tom (... whose DW was THRILLED with her birthday present! )

Post Thanks / Like
    So.... 15days out and still nothing

the more I read the more I want one - only flaw seems o be position of speaker but I have noticed thatmy and often covers the speaker on the iPhone.

lots of people very very impressed with all it does and say it will replace their laptops

they also like the screen lock which is a pain sometimes ofn the hone when it keeps reorientating itself

is it possible it will be able to wirelessly connect to the priter I have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 201013
    is it possible it will be able to wirelessly connect to the priter I have?
    I'm sure I read that they were trying to build wireless printing into the OS4 so it may not work immediately but I suspect it will one day soon

On the pricing, I heard from a friend at apple uk (such as it is) that the US are still very jittery about the exchange rate/election etc. and have been putting off deciding the pricing for as long as possible.

I asked about pre-ordering and he said "who told you there would be preordering in the UK?"

So no idea :/ I still think there will be preordering but perhaps only to ship not to pick up (I hope not, because ideally I want to preorder to pick up at the trafford centre!)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I can't see the ex rate changing significantly in the next 2 weeks - lets hope they don't delay the release.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 201023
    Well I can't see the ex rate changing significantly in the next 2 weeks - lets hope they don't delay the release.
    yeah I did wonder if they'd try and eek it out until after the election but jobs said only yesterday that the international launch was still on track for "near month end"
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    would i be better looking at a wireless keyboard or a docking keyboard? also can you use a mouse with it if you choose?

Tom did you buy the case?

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast