Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 222

Thread: The Unveiling - my iPad

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now. On to my impressions.

    I'm gonna love this thing! It's got a gorgeous interface and the keyboard is magnificent compared to the iPhone. Video on it is stunning! And iBooks aI can tell are going to be unbelievable!

    But... there's always a but, isn't there?

    It's real early in it's life. Here's the issues I've found.

    Typing on it lags. It's pretty easy to get ahead of the keyboard. I would imagine that this will be addressed in an update sometime.

    The initial sync with iTunes takes forever. Of course, that's a function of how much stuff you've got. I've got a bunch.

    Data entry can be a problem. Some of these post I've made with it here in Secrets have been difficult. Once you've entered enough to fill up the text input area, there doesn't seem to be a way to scroll up and down to edit your post. It can be challenging. Once again, I expect this will be addressed in a future update.

    That's all so far. But like I said earlier, I can tell right now that I'm gonna love this thing!

    Oh. One other thing. I'll need to get some kind of plastic overlay for the screen. Much like I've got on my iPhone. The fingerprints on the glossy screen will get to be obnoxious sooner or later.

    Tom (... go ahead, ask your questions!)

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 199854
    oh oh oh I SOOOO Want

    Which one did you decide on Tom?
    I went the whole hog, Keith. 64 gig.

    Tom (... Carpe Diem!)

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    To scroll up, do you not just hold down until you get the maginifying glass (not sure if you get this on the iPad) and move it upwards? Thats what I do on my iPhone anyway.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    truly hope i will be able to owe one at the end of the month!




  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 199858
    To scroll up, do you not just hold down until you get the maginifying glass (not sure if you get this on the iPad) and move it upwards? Thats what I do on my iPhone anyway.
    You do, Josh. It's just a bit difficult to get it to move correctly. It will probably get better with the subsequent software updates!

    Tom (... it's still really cool!)

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you getting the iworks or ilife (whichever does the keynote) package?




  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couple of other things to know. The remake of some of the apps for the iPad are truly spectacular. The new Mail app is beyond belief! This may be the best mail app I've ever used.

    One more issue that I've discovered however. The iBook books use the ePub format. So, if you've got ebooks you want to use, as long as they're ePub, no problem. Maybe...
    Turns out that the ePub books on the iPad use Apple's DRM. Many of the books elsewhere use the Adobe DRM. Which doesn't work on the iPad. There goes the "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy"! :mad:

    Tom (... curses!)

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 199861
    Are you getting the iworks or ilife (whichever does the keynote) package?
    Not sure yet, Jeff. I've got it on my Mac and I'm not sure if I'll need it on my iPad or not yet.

    Tom (... time will tell!)

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 199863
    Couple of other things to know. The remake of some of the apps for the iPad are truly spectacular. The new Mail app is beyond belief! This may be the best mail app I've ever used.

    One more issue that I've discovered however. The iBook books use the ePub format. So, if you've got ebooks you want to use, as long as they're ePub, no problem. Maybe...
    Turns out that the ePub books on the iPad use Apple's DRM. Many of the books elsewhere use the Adobe DRM. Which doesn't work on the iPad. There goes the "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy"! :mad:

    Tom (... curses!)
    What kind of books they have in ibooks? I just had my itunes updated in time for ipad but could not find anything related to ibooks.

    Anything with Saga of seven suns?




  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    4,026
    Post Thanks / Like




Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •