Thread: Is it good?.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Is this lens good and what do you think of the price as Amazon selling this lens for 150.

Nikon Lens - Nikon AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR DX NIKKOR (3.6X)

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that is the lens that I have and I love it. Those photos of the birds and squirrels that I recently took were with this lens. I really like the VR, it helps a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    HI, just seen it and it looks fab mmmmhhh I am quite tempted to buy it as it would be handy for Disney world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know about that particular lens, Jeff but here's the one I've got on my D70:

Nikon AF-S DX 18-200mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR II Lens

More money, yes. But I can tell you that it's a spectacular lens. It's my only 100% of the time carry lens. It's a little heavier on the front end, but it's so incredibly versatile!

The only other lens I've got that I use sometimes is my 50mm. But that's only for rather specific circumstances.

Tom (... absolutely love my 18-200!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom (who loves his Ipad), do you find the bigger lens too awkward to carry around? Too big.

I have 2 lens right now. The 18-55 and then the above lens. The one you mention would combine the two obviously, but then I wouldn't have to change lens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 199954
    Tom (who loves his Ipad), do you find the bigger lens too awkward to carry around?
    Not at all FD! I've got to be a little more aware of it is all. Just pay attention a bit more than is normal for me.

Fully extended, the barrel just "feels" long. It sticks out there a ways. Nothing to be a concern, just something to be aware of.

I've got this Lowepro top load case that it fits in quite nicely:

Toploader Zoom 45 AW

This is a fairly small case and the lens and camera fit in it just fine. Of course, there isn't much room for anything else other than a spare battery and a couple of memory cards.

I'm really enamored of this lens. For a single, do everything lens for Nikon, I think it's just about perfect!

Tom (... yes... I like it!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info! This may actually be my next purchase (when I can save up the dough of course). I like the all in one.