Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decorating question

Post Thanks / Like
    We are currently decorating our hallway and I wanted to ask what others had done with regards to their radiators. We have three options. Either paint the radiator brilliant white to match skirting, door frames etc, paint the radiator to match the walls (a sort of duck egg blue) or buy one of those radiator cover type things that you see in B & Q.

Has anyone else ever painted their radiator to blend into the wall or taken the traditional 'white' route?

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of our radiators are painted to match our walls.

Our kitchen one has a radiator cover ( painted to match the walls ) I'm big on co-ordination

I realy like the radiator cover and will get one for our hall as it's a bit bare, then I can put some nick nacs on top

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan to move before woodwork or radiators need painting! Sorry no hope lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    When living where we had radiators, we had both versions. Some were painted to match the wall, others used the radiator cover.

Haven't had such a great place to proof bread dough since that one strategically covered radiator!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 200031
    I plan to move before woodwork or radiators need painting! Sorry no hope lol!
    With my children I'd be moving every other week.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a radiator cover in our hall and it's good for putting stuff like vases etc on it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I always paint old rads white, never paint new rads....BUT only use radiator paint, it stays white, whatever you do do not use gloss it will go a horrid yellow colour i stopped using gloss years ago as a whole everywhere in the house because it goes yellow
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    My parents house has radiators and my Dad made simple nice looking covers for them They are 3 pieces of wood and then he got some decorative metal mesh for the front piece. He just stapled the mesh on and they look really nice. An extra shelf for pictures of the grand kids as well

Post Thanks / Like
    They look okay painted, providing that you can get exactly the same shade in radiator paint.

When we redecorated last year our builder made covers, which I painted to match the woodwork, for the dining room ones and they are great. It makes the room look so much nicer. I will definitely go for that option in future.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    We bought a cover from Jali for the one in our living room and painted it to match the woodwork. Looks really good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast