Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My baby starts her transition

Post Thanks / Like
    Beth has her first tea visit to the adult respite home tomorrow. She still seems to young to be going there and they asked me lots of adult questions that i thought i would never have to answer. On a plus note they all seem lovely and lots of fun. Beth is saying yes to tea but she does not want to stay as she likes her children's respite home. i feel sorry for her as she does not understand that due to her age she has to leave there. She has been there since she was 7 and thinks they are part of her family.
    They have been great and even helped me make the children's see some sense into not pushing her to quickly. She will have 3 monday tea visits and the children's respite will take her, she will then go back to thursdays with them and we will take over dropping her at the new respite. They will phone to say if we need to collect her or she will stay the night.
    The children's will continue to have her until we have been to New York as they have promised to keep her there until after we have been so she can spend the week there.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's great that they are allowing the transition to happen gradually I'll be willing to bet that this time next year Beth will love the adult respite home just as much, if not more, as the childrens one. Are there any other people making the transition from Beth's 'old' respite to her new one at the same time as Beth?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    to you mama, I know it's hard to watch this. The gradual weaning to the new adult home is for the best. Hopefully, Beth will like it just as much as the children's home.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    It must be hard for Beth, well all of you really but I'm sure the gradual process is a really good thing and once Beth is used to the adult place she wil love it just as much.

Familiarity is what makes the difference and as soon as she becomes familiar with the adult place and the people there she will naturaly feel better about being there.

Best of luck with everything Michelle, keep us updated

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 200160
    It's great that they are allowing the transition to happen gradually I'll be willing to bet that this time next year Beth will love the adult respite home just as much, if not more, as the childrens one. Are there any other people making the transition from Beth's 'old' respite to her new one at the same time as Beth?
    I was wondering the same thing, it would be so much easier!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope everything goes well

Im glad they are taking enough time to help her adjust to the change....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all. Sat here worrying about her but i am sure she is fine. She has two of the children's respite team with her for three of the visits. I have asked that they let her spend some time in what will be her bedroom whilst there, she will have the same room as its designed to meet someone like Beth's needs. They will only have one adult with Beth's needs at a time due to staffing. Sadly there is no one else going with her, another young lad is leaving the same time but his parents do not want him going there.

Post Thanks / Like
    ((hugs))

Hang in there Michelle.. I am sure that she will get adjusted fairly quickly....

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently she had fun, little quiet to start but soon cheered up. When she got to the children's she had her bottom lip out for a while but finally said it was good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope Beth's transition goes well for you all Michelle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast