Thread: International Drive must do's?

Post Thanks / Like
    putting together our plans for september

What are the must do things on International Drive please?

Post Thanks / Like
    We visit I. Drive often on our trips to Florida

DH had the best time at SkyVenture and I did nothing but laugh watching him!
    [YOUTUBE]QvXPo3lJuoE[/YOUTUBE]

We have gone to Wonderworks a couple of times too. The last visit we did the Outta Control Magic Show with dinner
    [YOUTUBE]mOC4ujRks6Y[/YOUTUBE]

On our last visit, we spent the morning at Funspot which was, well, fun! We did all of the go-kart tracks and had a bite to eat. HERE

We were going to try the helicopter rides but I didn't think I could manage them with the motion sickness I get

We also visited Titanic on our last trip which was interesting HERE

I admit to never trying any of the mini golf! We usually spend a full day on I. Drive followed by a meal at somewhere like Olive Garden, then the movies.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are a shopper there are MANY shops at the furthest end of I Drive. Many on the approach to the Outlet Malls (Prime) but not all are good "buys" so be careful of what you choose.

Festival Bay is along there too, but it's really fallen on hard times. I'm a little surprised it's still open.

There is an I-Trolley you can take to move up and down I-Drive without having to walk (not always a good idea ) or drive yourself.

Wet and Wild is there too. It gets extremely crowded during the summer though.

The Peabody Hotel has the walking of the ducks at about 10 or 11 am and then again at 4 or 5 or so. It's been ages since we've been over (years, actually) so I don't know if they've changed the times or not.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a really nice shopping plaza (name escapes me) right by Wonder Works and a Hawaiian-themed mini golf course. The plaza has more "upscale" retailers as well as several restaurants (Maggiano's, Tommy Bahama's, Hooter's (ha!), etc.) I REALLY wish I could remember the name of it...
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gwennie81, post: 200832
    I REALLY wish I could remember the name of it...
    Pointe Orlando

Post Thanks / Like
    Pirate's Cove mini golf!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I think Gwennie is referring to Pointe Orlando. Pay for parking there last I knew?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 200880
    Pay for parking there last I knew?
    you pay on leaving the car park.