Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: villa deposits

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 200528
    That's very unusual Mick - did you know the owners?

The only people I don't take one from is close friends and family

Not a single villa owner I know would rent their villa to strangers without a security deopsit - it's too risky

Sandra
    3 of them i did, but one in 2002 was a complete package and was never charged either. so i guess im lucky. if anything happened id just report it and replace anything that was broken anyway, i treat every villa ive stayed in as if it was my own anyway. just before we leave we clean and hoover the whole place so it looks like it was when weve got there
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    You can stay in mine anytime - you'd save me the $90 exit clean my MC charge me

Like I said in my earlier post, we have been very lucky with all our guests, I always speak to them and help with planning so we build up a nice relationship - it makes it better for both parties.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    but but didnt you want a charge from me, id leave yours a tip......just kiddin sandra :wink:
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 200535
    3 of them i did, but one in 2002 was a complete package and was never charged either. so i guess im lucky. if anything happened id just report it and replace anything that was broken anyway, i treat every villa ive stayed in as if it was my own anyway. just before we leave we clean and hoover the whole place so it looks like it was when weve got there
    We pay a cleaner to do that, your on holiday but you can go to mine anytime you like your the ideal guest
    Barbara
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TIGGERS VILLA
    WWW.FLORIDAGOLFVACATIONVILLA.COM
    BILL AND BARBARA WELCOME YOU
    01709 881502

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers Golf, post: 200618
    We pay a cleaner to do that, your on holiday but you can go to mine anytime you like your the ideal guest
    Barbara
    lol we just like to leave somewhere as we found it barbara, doesnt take long to do either
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 200619
    lol we just like to leave somewhere as we found it barbara, doesnt take long to do either
    I must admit we're the same wherever we stay. I couldn't bear the thought of someone, whether we know them or not, thinking look how they left the room/house/villa whatever.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I always leave things hygienic and tidy but wouldn't do a big clean as I've paid for it in the price, maybe it's because I'm used to having a cleaner at home I can I relax more about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're paying a 250 security deposit on our booking. And we fully appreciate that it is someone's home we are staying in and will treat it as such. May even whizz round with the noo noo before we leave.

And I've kind of built up a friendship with the villa owner since we booked with them so I'd really not like them to have a negative attitude about how we left their property.

I think it's pretty much a standard thing with property rental everywhere. When I rented as a student I had to pay a month's rent as security deposit and that was returned after satisfactory inspection by the letting agent after I'd moved out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 200620
    I must admit we're the same wherever we stay. I couldn't bear the thought of someone, whether we know them or not, thinking look how they left the room/house/villa whatever.
    exactly, and if you wanted to go back theres no qualms with the owner not letting you rebook
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very conscious it's someone's house, regardless of whether they live there full time or not. I just couldn't trash it or cause a big damage and say nothing We're gentle with our own home so I think habits are just there.

My SIL is very heavy handed and we cringe when she comes to stay at my DF's house, she bangs mugs down hard on the coffee table and she bangs glasses down hard, so much so she quite often breaks them and when she cooks it's always full on and up high and when she hoovers I just have to leave lol.

Yee gads, imagine her in Florida in a villa with all those glass coffee tables and dining tables

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast