Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General Election time then

Post Thanks / Like
    May 6th then. A month of non-stop pap being spouted by people who really don't care about the things I care about.

Can't wait for our sitting MP to knock on my door.

He still hasn't replied to the email I sent him before the last election and a couple of weeks back he was due to visit school to speak with our year 6 children but cancelled without reason and hour before he was due to arrive. I am ready for him and his lackies.

All I want from this election is a better exchange rate.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank god a chance to get rid of this shower we've had to put up with for so long and especially mr stealth tax who was never voted into office by the people of this country
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 200428
    All I want from this election is a better exchange rate.
    How awful it sounds but I feel exactly the same way this time around. I don't believe any of the parties have any great ideas to fix any of the problems we have as a country and they certainly won't be doing me any favours personally.

So all I can hope for is that we get something the markets like so the exchange rate gets better for the holidays.

Sad when it comes down to that isnt it?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 200429
    thank god a chance to get rid of this shower we've had to put up with for so long and especially mr stealth tax who was never voted into office by the people of this country
    Completely agree Mick

How often we were told that Brown is an international finance genius, best in the world, yet he didnt see the problems coming and simply spent spent spent money he didn't have.

The investment bankers all still have jobs and huge bonusses, as do the politicians, and millions of "normal" people either don't have jobs or have taken cuts.

Of course the problem is, given the money HAS been spent, whoever gets in we're going to be taxed, taxed and taxed again. Even the traditionally lower tax conservatives have said it'll be the case.

So yeah, I want Brown gone that's for sure but it'll be a shallow victory really.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will vote, just because people have faught and died to give me the right but I am less otivated to this time than ever before in my naivity I used to think a party represented a certain set of ideals and th epopulus of the time voted for what they wanted or needed - now they both run around trying to get power and the distinction is virtually impossible to make. I think Cameron will be a slightly better statesman than Brown but thats about it; the country is sinking and as Keioth says none of the parties has any clue what to do - just come up with policies that will get them elected - noone thinks long term anymore its all about instant self gratification

Sorry bit of a rant, ut this is the first time I haven't really 'cared'

Post Thanks / Like
    Really don't know who to vote for this time. We voted for our local MP before, regardless of which party he represented, as he was excellent, but he is retiring this time.

Think I need to get out of the country!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know it would cause an absolute crisis for the country, for the markets, (for my holiday exchange rate!), but I REALLY REALLY would like a) voting to be made compulsory by law but b) there to be a clear option "no confidence in any of the above"

Assuming that, as I believe, the "no confidence" would win, they'd have to go back and change their policies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brewsters millions 'none of the above'

Post Thanks / Like
    As most of the polls are indicating that it will be a close fought election, maybe ending up with some form of a coalition, wouldn`t it be great if the politicians could forget about the squabbling and all get their heads together to try and sort out the financial mess that this country is in?
    It`s good to dream sometimes though I doubt whether it will ever happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't remember an election in my living memory where the pudits weren't discussing a 'hung parliament' - it will be a landslide and I'm willing to go the bookies on it

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast