Thread: Women's Question

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been anaemic for a few years and lately have had girlie stuff going on and after having yet another blood test I'm still anaemic despite taking 3 x 200mg ferrous sulphate a day!!

Doctor said iron level should be between 20 -300 ( 70 is what it should be to make hair grow properly) my level is 18.9... now I know why I lose loads of hair each time I wash it

I have been prescribed ferrous fumarate and I owndered if any of you ladies have taken this and if you've had any side effects?

Thanks

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I have to both questions.

Ask your doctor about lecithin supplements for your hair too. I have thyroid (hypo) issues and struggle mightily to get the correct dosage of meds. In the meantime, hair falls like a shedding dog. :) The lecithin is supposed to help that (just started it).

I'll PM you about the side effects of ferrous sulfate. :)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have trouble tolerating the fumerate, some people say ferrous gluconate is easier on the digestive system. Take with food though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was prescribed it after having my first baby. Take it with lots of orange juice is the best advice i was given - it aids the iron absorption and counteracts other less desirable side effects!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys

They have prescribed 3 x 325 mg a day so that's almost 1000mg - think I might suffer - will def take with orange juice

Only got a months supply so after that I think I'll go ack on the Ferros Sulphate which is just 200mg

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Do really push hard though for a resolution to the primary reason you need that much iron. That's the key, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle