Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alton Towers

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to Alton Towers yesterday with my sister, cousin and cousin's boyfriend. It was a great day out, we mainly went to go on the new 'TH13TEEN' ride ( Thirteen - Alton Towers Resort) which is the 1st ride to have a free-fall in it

There was a 70 minute wait on park opening (as it opens an hour early for hotel guests) It was closed most of the day and we where really disappointed. We went around all of the other rides (it was quite empty so longest we queued was 30 minutes ) When we went to go on Rita (a ride nearby) we saw that they had an empty cart running around the track for Th13teen, so approached the huddle of people waiting for it to open again. There was a staff member waiting there and when asked if it would be opening soon she said "well it's looking good " and when we asked if we should wait around she said "well it's upto you " 2 seconds later it opened and we where pretty much the 1st in the queue to get on it

I hate to be negative but I'm really glad we only queued for 5 minutes for it. If we'd have queued anymore than 20 I would have been disappointed. I LOVE thrill rides and was expecting something spectacular but I'd say it was more suitable for a younger audience, maybe 9-12. There was no story to the ride, the themeing was good but I can't help but think they could have developed a 'story' to the ride which would have made it better

We didn't let it spoil our day though as we did everything else we wanted to do, and I'm glad I went on it, but if anyone else is thinking of going- I'd think twice about queuing for a long time
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    the POV video i saw wasn't that scary, i think i may be even convinced to go on that one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm thats a shame, from everything ive seen on it they had the chance to make it really great. Sounds like the advert with the little girl on is actually scarier than the ride then!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We live only 15 minutes or so from Alton Towers yet I can`t remember the last time we went.
    From what you say Josh it doesn`t seem as though I`ve missed a lot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 201079
    Hmm thats a shame, from everything ive seen on it they had the chance to make it really great. Sounds like the advert with the little girl on is actually scarier than the ride then!!
    The advert is 10x scarier than the ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 201081
    We live only 15 minutes or so from Alton Towers yet I can`t remember the last time we went.
    From what you say Josh it doesn`t seem as though I`ve missed a lot!
    The actual park it's self is a great day out. It's getting there in terms of it's theming (all the new bits are really well themed, the rest is getting there.

Disney and Universal are in a whole different league to it though. Going to Florida has sort of ruined my experience of UK theme parks, because I always compare
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 201148
    because I always compare
    Im the same, just cant help it once you have been to Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 201079

that advert is a horror movie to me...i have to hide when it's on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to mention- they do a USB deal now where you buy a USB wristband, for 6, and each of your ride photos can be put on it for 4. There where 4 of us so worked out at 1 each per photo Not bad considering one ride photo is 6 to be printed!

Plus you can take it back on your 2nd visit and use it again
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    i loved the rides at AT i went when i was at my worst health wise just a few weeks before i was diagnosed but rode everything we went with dizneyblonde and her family. sadly wont be visiting AT or thorpe park anymore....what a bummer....glad you had a good day out josh
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    We're going to see Pink in concert at Alton Towers in June, and making a weekend of it by staying there - guess I'll have to run over to this on opening, I'm not waiting in line for an hour for ANYTHING!!

Great news about the usb pictures, I'll get one of them for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast