Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice cream anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 202007
    Well apparently this was my fault for defrosting the freezer with a hairdryer and a fish slice.

I wouldnt say that was your fault -nope, definately not!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I had a freezer that needed defrosting I'd place a large pan of boiling water in and shut the door. I'd go back and refresh it as it cooled... made a miserable mess.

We are on the "empty" side of our upright freezer. It's coming up Hurricane Season and the last thing we need it to lose that much food if the power goes out.

However, we've often said we'd have a heck of a street party if it did!

I can't imagine why a dryer would hurt your freezer. But I don't know what a fish slice is? (A thin boning knife)?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Adrian mended the freezer. I'm not allowed to defrost it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    No defrosting, no drills, no chainsaws... geeeez.

You cain't have no fun t'all!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink this is a fish slice.

http://www.deliaonline.com/images/wi...lice-19309.jpg

I was safe and used a plastic one though. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! A spatula!

Heck. I've used those on defrosting tons of times. (Shhhh, I've been known to use a knife too. ).

We don't have freezers that need defrosting though now...

Post Thanks / Like
    My Aunt used a knife once and pierced the lining.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you have to be quite careful. :D

My Grandmother had a renter one time who did the same. It was a really old refrigerator and the freeon started leaking out. THAT was exciting.

So, was this a stand alone freezer or the freezer unit of your refrigerator?

Post Thanks / Like
    Stand alone. We have to have a big freezer to store all the veg and stuff that we grow in the garden.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought so, but wasn't sure.

We were surprised to find an upright that did not require defrosting. The only trouble we've ever had with it was when the socket it's plugged into was tripped.

Thank heaven we discovered that before it was a real disaster.

So, could you make a milkshake with that raspberry stuff and throw in some of your own raspberries? Did you freeze any of those? :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast