Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: URGENT - Everyone blow please

Post Thanks / Like
    At least they have comfortable surroundings. Must be very stressful being stuck though.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I know 4 families stuck abroad now and my mum's friend is stranded in Australia and is a teacher due back at school tomorrow.

Never mess with mother nature. She always wins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 202354
    Can you get a ferry from spain?
    Yes but they are all fully booked until Wednesday at least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 202384
    I know 4 families stuck abroad now and my mum's friend is stranded in Australia and is a teacher due back at school tomorrow.

Never mess with mother nature. She always wins.
    I know a few people stuck in England, but they've got it easy compared to those abroad with families
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    My next door neighbours are stuck at Calais. They have a confirmed booking to sail but they say it's so chaotic they can't even get near check-in.

Post Thanks / Like
    And of course piles of food are rotting away because they can't be flown to the places that have bought them.

No airmail post is going anywhere.

Etc, etc...

I blame Iceland. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Why can't we just get a HUGE plug and plug up the volcano?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 202408
    Why can't we just get a HUGE plug and plug up the volcano?
    Believe me if this is still going on in August that is exactly what I will be doing - even if I have to travel to iceland by dinghy to do it!

the winds start blowing the other way and things get back to normal for everybody asap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Memories of St. Helen's...

It's incredible isn't it? The level of disruption when we take out a single form of transport/communication?

We saw a brief report on it yesterday (after all the volcano is not nearly as important as who is dancing with what star ) and it looked pretty active and terrible. Impossible to fathom with boiling lava amidst a blizzard...

Sending ...eeesh I guess no more dust is needed... will continue to carry our Doc and his family in our heart and hope that they can have a positive (or mostly) experience from this.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been busy at work all weekend with the email service we provide. People are stranded all over the world, many of them have absolutely nowhere to stay and are camping out at airports or in some cases, kicked out of airports and just wandering round !

Apparently the British Embassy round the world is doing, well, nothing much (so people are telling me) and insurance companies are 50/50 as to whether they'll cover out of pocket expenses. Some are saying it's "adverse weather" which is covered but others say "act of God" which isnt.

Airlines who I THOUGHT would be paying for additional accommodation, are saying "book somewhere yourself, keep the receipts and apply when you get back home" :/ but some people don't have the money and others cant find anywhere anyway!

We've been getting emails from people begging us to contact friends/family on the traveller's behalf and ask them to send money or anything they can etc.

It's a mess of staggering proportion and only getting worse the longer people are stranded.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast