Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Should I....should I not.....

Post Thanks / Like
    DON'T GET A VOLVO. I think they're more yawn-inducing than the A-class.

I learnt to drive in a little Toyota Yaris. Not sure if you'd get the newest shape for 3,500 but my aunty has a 2004 Yaris (the old model), she usually buys a brand new car every 2 years or so but has refused since she's had the Yaris.

The one I used was great to drive, lovely little car.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    not a fan of this 3 series model at all...but its only a few 1000 mls above avg mileage for the year but 174k is a lot of miles, you go to be looking at the gearbox, steering joints, suspension etc. the price isnt bad id knock em down a bit if you go for it jeff
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    id vote for the yaris jeff, my daughter has one on a 03 plate 1.3 SR and its great, i like driving it and i normally hate small cars this size :)
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

I went to a garage yesterday and offered me 2000 for my smart car!

They claimed that it is very difficult to sell my car and it would have to go to a auction rather than selling from the shop floor

So I think not bother looking into buying a new car until few years time sigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Did they give you any reason why? That seems like quite a depreciation.

I've driven a Yaris and didn't care for it much at all. It was tinny and didn't feel sturdy or safe like some other Toyotas. I didn't feel safe in it.

I'd like to try a Smart car, but haven't yet found a rental place that has them. (I rent cars for work travel a lot, that's how I get to try the different types). Herself says I can't drive a Smart car as they are too small for US roads. Of course, she then adds that I'd never fit my suitcase in one anyway!

If your Smart Car is running well and performing well, might as well hang on to it until you've gotten your money's worth, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you considered webuyanycar (dot com)? From 50 to a hundred grand...

Josh, Volvo's are one of the safest makes of car around. That's why they're boring...

Post Thanks / Like
    Volvos last seemingly forever too. There are still any number of old Volvo wagons on the road here! (And I mean OLD, from the late seventies to early eighties)!

Safety is a huge factor, at least for us.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i hated the volvos i had to drive when my works honda went in for a service, gearbox was awful, inside was horrid and uncomfortable and they look awful too
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    The smartcars have a very defined market and general places probably wont have much luck selling them and correspondingly wont try hard at giving a good px :(

I didnt like the yaris at all for all the reasons mentioned but then I'm picky I know

The volvo. Well I've never owned one but plenty of my friends have and they're a misunderstood car IMHO. They go forever, they're way faster when needed than people give them credit for and though they may look a bit samey outside, they've had a strong design presence for many years. It's not silly or frivolous but functional and with a strong safety angle.

I've got a couple of quite snooty brand aware friends who've moved to them and had several versions now. No intention of moving back to the more expensive brands

If volvo works for them then there's something good going on
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    There are different designs now... not all are that "drawn by a kid" boxy look... but I sort of liked that box.

They do run forever don't they?

My sister has one. Wants a new car but that one just won't quit. LOL. They last an average of 30 years, I've read.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast