Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Chef's Table at Disney's Flying Fish Cafe

Post Thanks / Like
    The Flying Fish Cafe at Disney's Boardwalk is now offering a special dining experience at the "Chef's Counter".

The Chef's Tasting Wine Dinner allows up to six guests to sit at the granite counter overlooking the on-stage kitchen where they will be able to see their meals being created. This experience includes five courses, paired with wine by sommelier Keith Gimbel. Chef Tim Keating says there will be a "new spin on menu items." Guests will also have the opportunity to interact with the restaurant's chefs.

Sunday through Thursday, seatings are offered at 5:45 pm and 8:15 pm. The cost for this experience is $135, $85 without wine pairings. Reservations are recommended.

Post Thanks / Like
    To sit at a counter? Thanks, but I'll pass. Way too uncomfortable for me.

I'm sure loads of folks will take the opportunity though.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 202831
    To sit at a counter? Thanks, but I'll pass. Way to uncomfortable for me.
    Same here.
    I can`t see the difference between this and the regular counter seating arrangement at the FF to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feels a bit contrived doesn't it? Hardly a V&A chef's table experience
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    When we go out for dinner we do so to be comfortable, and to be able to talk. Counter service to me is not physically comfortable for one thing, nor is it conducive to discussion.

I believe you can enjoy a "Chef's Table" experience but still be comfortable and have your own private discussions too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure I would call that a chef's table experience. But Donna and I love to eat at The Cooking Place in JIKO and we also ate at the counter at Napa Rose when were at Disneyland and Chef Sutton personally handled our dinner that night.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this thread is old but I have extensive experience at the Flying Fish Chefs Table. It is not like other Chefs tables but I can honestly say it is one of the best. The food is amazing, always different and always excellent. I have yet to have something I didn't enjoy fully. We go often enough that Big Tim and LT (chefs) have a hard time finding dishes we have not tried yet. The wine pairing are always on target. Again, I have yet to get a "train wreck". As I said, it is not conventional but is one of the best experiences around. Love you guys at the Flying Fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alicat1125, post: 311959
    I know this thread is old but I have extensive experience at the Flying Fish Chefs Table. It is not like other Chefs tables but I can honestly say it is one of the best. The food is amazing, always different and always excellent. I have yet to have something I didn't enjoy fully. We go often enough that Big Tim and LT (chefs) have a hard time finding dishes we have not tried yet. The wine pairing are always on target. Again, I have yet to get a "train wreck". As I said, it is not conventional but is one of the best experiences around. Love you guys at the Flying Fish.
    Thanks alicat! I'm glad you posted, I'd been wondering about trying the flying fish
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I quite like to sit at a counter and watch what is going on, might have to look at some menus. Only thing fishy I don't like is baked fish in a parcel type thing with loads of herbs. I don't think I've seen anything like that on the menu though

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though Donna doesn't do ANYTHING fish related she has always been able to find something on the menu to meet her needs so she accommodates me because I seriously love this restaurant. We have never done the Chef's Table though. As much as we love sitting at the Cooking Place in Jiko, we can no longer do that as the seats are very uncomfortable for Donna. I'm afraid these seats may be similar and I don't want her to be uncomfortable during a meal.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast