Thread: Food in suitcases?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we arent allowed to bring food into Orlando is that right? but what about bringing food back to the UK is that ok??

Post Thanks / Like
    you should be able too as long as it is sealed . I bring home bags of gummies, fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, etc . Hope this helps you .

Post Thanks / Like
    I take butter and mature cheddar and always teabags. I also take some chocolate bars just to keep me going - you can't beat Cadbury's ( I would only take teabags for a 2 week holiday but as we go for longer I take the other bits)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Coming back is basically the same as going out - you can't bring home any meat or dairy products, and fruit or vegetables. There are plant restrictions too but I can't see you wanting to bring home a tree.

And also animal product restrictions apply so no gator skins or anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    i know someone who lives out there and came back for a visit and took out a frozen joint of beef, god knows how it wasnt discovered and it was in the middle of the foot and mouth epidemic too...what an idiot
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    We always bring back sealed stuff, toll house cookie drops and double stuff oreos, lucky charm cereal and all sorts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 203465
    i know someone who lives out there and came back for a visit and took out a frozen joint of beef, god knows how it wasnt discovered and it was in the middle of the foot and mouth epidemic too...what an idiot
    On our last couple of trips there have been sniffer dogs around the baggage claim area which are trained apparently to detect certain foodstuffs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 203493
    On our last couple of trips there have been sniffer dogs around the baggage claim area which are trained apparently to detect certain foodstuffs.
    im sure he would have gone down for that offense, they dont take to it lightly do they
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Coming into the US pay attention to what Dawn says. She is right on the button.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix