Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Now I`m a bit concerned!

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 204157
    mikey had laurens cinquecento off her josh, insured it for 10m while he was a learner when he passed his test it actually went UP not down, your deemed safer with a qualified driver next to you when learning than when you pass your test and driving on your own. in any case the car was £1400 to ins they are one of the lowest cost cars to ins apparently, its a car and they get you from a to b and loads to the gallon
    I passed in October and have only driven a few times since then My Mum gets me insured on her car during the holidays usually so I can have my independence. I can't afford to run a car but as soon as I get a job my parents are going to buy me one. A few friends have KA's and they are cheap to insure too. Last time I got a quote for a cinquecento it was around 1.5k for a year I'd quite like a tiny car like that as it'd be cheap to run. Mum's is a clio and its around £30 a week or so when I'm insured on it it Of course if I was insured long-term it'd be cheaper.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 204225
    I passed in October and have only driven a few times since then My Mum gets me insured on her car during the holidays usually so I can have my independence. I can't afford to run a car but as soon as I get a job my parents are going to buy me one. A few friends have KA's and they are cheap to insure too. Last time I got a quote for a cinquecento it was around 1.5k for a year I'd quite like a tiny car like that as it'd be cheap to run. Mum's is a clio and its around £30 a week or so when I'm insured on it it Of course if I was insured long-term it'd be cheaper.
    thats dear for a chinq, wonder if it has to do with where you live as well.

    mikey lowered the suspension on his too

    as soon as you get a car insure it with a parent too that will make it cheaper.

    the next car he got was a corsa 1.4 sport and it was about 1500 so the chinq quote you got was real dear :(
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 204226
    thats dear for a chinq, wonder if it has to do with where you live as well.

    mikey lowered the suspension on his too

    as soon as you get a car insure it with a parent too that will make it cheaper.

    the next car he got was a corsa 1.4 sport and it was about 1500 so the chinq quote you got was real dear :(
    Ours wouldn't be kept on a drive I wonder if it will go down a tad because I'm 18. My sister's went down about £100/£150 when she turned 18.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 204228
    Ours wouldn't be kept on a drive I wonder if it will go down a tad because I'm 18. My sister's went down about £100/£150 when she turned 18.
    mikes was kept on the street out back and he was 17 when he first got insured on it, he got the 10m bonus accelerator so a yrs NCD after 10m. might/should go down when your 18. try a quote with your age upped a bit to find out
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I've tried a quote since I've been 18. I'll have a look (although it will be pointless since I'm not getting a car anyway)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  6. #26
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well everything will help from under 18 and a new driver :) quite simply that's pretty much the worst position you can be in position you can be in (other than you know, being banned or something ) so every step you get away from there will reduce the premium. So it'll go down as you get older with the main benefits being at 21 and 25, but the real benefit will come from when you've had a few years no claims.

    According to the ABI: “One out of every five young drivers suffers a crash within their first year of driving, and young drivers are 10 times more likely to be involved in a serious collision than experienced drivers.”

    So you have to climb out from under those statistics, as sadly we all did.

    Unfortunately being male doesn't help any either but trying to alter that to get a better quote is probably a step too far

    Taking pass plus can help you quite a lot on some insurance policies (and next to nothing on others) Pass Plus scheme for car drivers : Directgov - Motoring

    Getting a cheapy first car with third party/fire/theft instead of fully comp can help build up your no claims.

    There's stuff you can do but yeah, it requires a bit of compromise
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't believe I'll be looking to insure one of our cars for Dan to drive next year!














  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 204236
    can't believe I'll be looking to insure one of our cars for Dan to drive next year!
    When I phoned me Mum to tell her I'd past my test she was in work and she burst out crying in the middle of the staff room
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  9. #29
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 204240
    When I phoned me Mum to tell her I'd past my test she was in work and she burst out crying in the middle of the staff room
    probably thinking about the insurance
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    The pass plus doesn't work out worth it for me really the insurers that *do* accept it usually have higher rates than those who don't It's not a nice situation to be in, but at least I have my license It's not worth the cost for me to use Mum's car full time, as she uses it for work, but out of term-time when she's not working it's handy for me to have it so she usually gets me insured for half-term
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •