Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: essential camping equipment

Post Thanks / Like
    My Dad had a very stressful job, and relaxed by camping and fishing. So, we grew up going tent camping.

As a result, I now consider anything less than a four star hotel "roughing it."

Herself and I did look into camping trailers but the cost is ridiculous, so that's out.

I'll stick with my hotels, but I do understand the desire to please your boys.

Loads of people enjoy camping!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    you can get a new one with a fixed bed for about 16, I would get one about a year old. It's quite easy to get one that old- especially at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    that's the only reason i'm doing it, for the boys, so they'd better enjoy it! I am so not looking forward to that first trip, but hey ho, i may end up having fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    lets hope they want to do it again
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 205128
    lets hope they want to do it again

hahaha....watch out a 'used once' tent for sale!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just thinking....the tent has sewn in groundsheets inthe bedrooms with a removeable one in the main area.

Is it worth buying some sort of tarpaulin to put under the whole thing for further protection, and if so where can i get a cheap as chips one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 205183
    Just thinking....the tent has sewn in groundsheets inthe bedrooms with a removeable one in the main area.

Is it worth buying some sort of tarpaulin to put under the whole thing for further protection, and if so where can i get a cheap as chips one?
    I don't think it would do any harm but would it be wide enough for your tent? B&Q do really cheap tarpaulin for something daft like 15p a metre!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 205194
    I don't think it would do any harm but would it be wide enough for your tent? B&Q do really cheap tarpaulin for something daft like 15p a metre!
    oooh i'l pop up to B&Q in the week and have a look then, i could do it in two strips couldn't I?

thanks Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Just looked on their site and they do pre-cut tarpaulin with eyelets in it, but in our one, in the merchant yard bit, they have rolls of it and you just get it cut to size.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 205205
    Just looked on their site and they do pre-cut tarpaulin with eyelets in it, but in our one, in the merchant yard bit, they have rolls of it and you just get it cut to size.

okey dokey. I'll head for that dept and see what they've got.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast