Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit of an update

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought i would update you with all that has been going on.

First the good news.

Beth had her first visit to the adult respite home without anyone from the children's respite home with her. Well she decided to stay the night . She had a few tears when she went to bed but fell to sleep and was happy in the morning. The staff were like bee's around a honey pot when i got there . Its a learning curve for them all and we have a couple of issues around her needs and their wanting to be out for long spells which do not work well with Beth due to her needing time out of her chair, medication and feeds. I have not said much yet as we have a meeting tomorrow. My view on it is if they want to take on more complex adults then they need to look at working around their needs

Second the bad news

Beth has lost another kg and has continued to do over the last few months. She has gone from a child's size 16 to wearing a 12 years olds clothes that are slightly a little large. . I have put up with them saying she will start eating or she is eating enough for over a year now. Its about time they fed her mainly by tube and look at anything she eats as a bonus. She is currently getting by on 700 calories a day with the odd mouthful of food that she eats.

We had a meeting yesterday. You would not believe what they were saying was an acceptable amount of food for Beth, try 3 to 5 teaspoonful . I sat and listened to the oh its behaviour or something is bothering her or lets try this or this and then i had my say. Well we now top up 400mls during the day and 500 at night. School and respite will top up just 200mls during the day with her 3 to 5 mouthfuls that should give her the extra 450 calories she needs . We have another meeting in 8 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

wish I could say or do something more productive hun, thinking about you both

Post Thanks / Like
    For you all xx

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously I have zero experience of what you're all going through but all I can say is that the complete love you have for Beth shows in your every post and it's really inspiring. I hope it all works out
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Stand firm!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all . At least respite is working out. Just need to work out when to give day feed so she does not feel sick or have a distended stomach.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't know what to say as I know nothing I can say will make it any easier for you.

However it's fantastic that Beth is enjoying her adult respite Has she progressed faster than you assumed she would?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Bless you both
    I agree with josh , glad she has adjusted so quickly to the adult respite .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast