Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Universal restaurants and nightlife?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive read on here about pleasure island and there not being much to do there. Someone suggested universal citywalk?

    Is there a list of restaurants and other things to do there? Do you think it's worth a cab journey from Disney

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MonorailMick, post: 204979
    Is there a list of restaurants and other things to do there?
    We have a Citywalk section right HERE

  3. #3
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goes to show how little *I* know, I didnt know we had such a great section on it

    I've only been once and just went to the cinema but it looks like with less happening at Downtown Disney, this may be worth a visit!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive only ever walked through city walk, im far too tired at the end of the day to do anything in the evening!



  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stayed at Royal Pacific 2 years ago and it is connected to CityWalk. We would go to Citywalk and stop by Margaritaville or Pat O'Briens and have a few drinks and do some shopping but never went to any of the clubs.


    off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

  6. #6
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    28,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you take a cab from Disney do so from the Market Place end of DTD. Tell the cabbie to go along Hotel Plaza Blvd, to a LEFT at the intersection of 535 and an immediate RIGHT onto Palm Parkway that becomes Turkey Lake Rd. Follow Turkey Lake to the back entrance of Universal. It's less expensive (shorter distance) than doing the I4 to Kirkman Rd route.






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 205283
    If you take a cab from Disney do so from the Market Place end of DTD. Tell the cabbie to go along Hotel Plaza Blvd, to a LEFT at the intersection of 535 and an immediate RIGHT onto Palm Parkway that becomes Turkey Lake Rd. Follow Turkey Lake to the back entrance of Universal. It's less expensive (shorter distance) than doing the I4 to Kirkman Rd route.
    will a cabbie take your instructions tink if you tell them which way to go?
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  8. #8
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    28,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they didn't I'd get out of the cab! I'd ask beforehand if I were worried about it.

    It's one of the benefits of "maps" on my Droid (and a comparable feature on the iPhone). I can bring up my destination and watch as we go along. I've done that in other cities when traveling for work. The cabbies don't like it at all, but I'm very clear that it is "completely unacceptable" to expect me to trust a stranger in a profession known for taking advantage of visitors. That generally sets the tone, but I really don't care. I'm over being overcharged due to unfamiliarity with a given area.

    Ugh. I'm sounding like a real grump this day between tipping and cabbies, aren't I!






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 205292
    If they didn't I'd get out of the cab! I'd ask beforehand if I were worried about it.

    It's one of the benefits of "maps" on my Droid (and a comparable feature on the iPhone). I can bring up my destination and watch as we go along. I've done that in other cities when traveling for work. The cabbies don't like it at all, but I'm very clear that it is "completely unacceptable" to expect me to trust a stranger in a profession known for taking advantage of visitors. That generally sets the tone, but I really don't care. I'm over being overcharged due to unfamiliarity with a given area.

    Ugh. I'm sounding like a real grump this day between tipping and cabbies, aren't I!
    good for you tink, i dont suppose many people would do that, i know i wouldnt have the front to...do they charge by the mile or time your in the cab?

    when i was first diagnosed, i had to travel up to london under my own steam, it nearly killed me doing all that walking, i got into a black cab and he charged us 40 for what seemed just a few miles, it just seemed like he was going the long way round
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  10. #10
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    28,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both. By the mile, and the meter is going if you are stuck in traffic (supposedly at a different rate).

    It's not so much front Mick, as it is being tired of having been taken advantage of.

    Perhaps I'm hyper sensitive to it, but I interpret some of the stunts as "oh, look a dumb woman traveling alone." Not sure if that's fair, or if it's just, "oh, look a dumb tourist traveling alone " but I'm over it, eh?

    I make sure it's understood exactly what I want, how much I'll pay, ect. prior to getting into a cab.

    I've had them try and change it up at arrival to the destination and have flat out refused to pay the "up charge." "YOU SAID IT WOULD BE XXXXX. That is what I am paying. Do you want it or not?" In those cases, of course there is NEVER a tip.






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •