Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: snakes and bugs in villas??????

Post Thanks / Like
    ok freaking out now! we're looking at the villas on here and elsewhere to book one for our next visit and Im reading horror stories about people having snakes in the bedroom and spiders in their shoes!!!!

Tell me this isnt how it is in villas because its not like that at the polynesian in Disney which is where we stayed last time

Post Thanks / Like
    We have never had snakes in the villa or spiders in shoes and I would be horrified if that ever happened.

As Florida is a tropical climate ( especially in the summer when it's very humid) you can get tiny ants around the pool deck ( which is why we pay for pest control) and the small gecko's get about the pool area a bit and occaionally a flying insect will come in the front door ect but we have never had any reports from any of our guests about bugs.

Hope this helps

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive heard of some nasty but understandable bug problems but they were almost without exception in less well looked after villas

The way I understand it is some large leisure groups have their own villas or rent villas in bulk from people and then just sell them without really caring too much. Since the chain between owner and renter is broken by the faceless company in the middle, things just don't seem to go as well

All I can say is I've talked to all of our villa owners here on disney secrets and I know they all care deeply for the experience their guests receive whilst staying at their villas

I would always start by speaking to the great folks here before going for a "bargain" from some travel company somewhere
    http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/villa-advertisers/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    only ever had ants in one villa, called pest control and they sorted it while we were out and went to where the nest was, job done. never ever been a problem whatsoever, so stop freakin :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this sounds corny, but if I were to rent a villa here, I'd only do so from one of our villa owners. Clearly, they care for their properties and know the area very well. It's a huge thing, vacationing in Florida, and I'd want to be guaranteed I'd not have to worry about such things.

I can tell you, if I EVER had a snake get in a villa, I'd leave and that would be that.

We've not ever had a snake in our house, or a spider in our shoes here (and we live in central Florida).

Now, Herself's Mother? She did have a snake get in her house one time (and I nearly flipping DIED just hearing about it) but that was her own doing. Left all the doors open for ages thinking she was airing out the house. Windows with screens, yes. Doors without? NOPE!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 205298
    I can tell you, if I EVER had a snake get in a villa, I'd leave and that would be that.
    I'd be thinking YAYA photo op! but then I'm crazy
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 205325
    I'd be thinking YAYA photo op! but then I'm crazy
    I'd be right BEHIND you!

Only ever had one bug and that was a cockroach

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a bug in my villa ..but then Mick only stayed for two weeks before he slitherd back home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 205421
    Had a bug in my villa ..but then Mick only stayed for two weeks before he slitherd back home.
    i was gonna book yours again, now im having second thought you cheeky beggar
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 205423
    i was gonna book yours again, now im having second thought you cheeky beggar
    Cater for pensioners now....got rocking chairs on the pool deck, you can sit there with yer gun watching for pesky critters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast