Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: snakes and bugs in villas??????

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think so.....i don't believe you get cottonmouths up there Tink. It was a pinkish brown and my friends did say it was one. It was swimming along the shore line and when i ran for my camera it swam into some rocks under the dock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 205723
    I don't think so.....i don't believe you get cottonmouths up there Tink. It was a pinkish brown and my friends did say it was one. It was swimming along the shore line and when i ran for my camera it swam into some rocks under the dock.

Best place for it too the vultures would get them on our estate lol we have had all sorts of wildlife pass by the pool cage Always outside thank goodness
    Were off on Saturday if the cloud doesn't decend again keepin fingers xxx'd
    Barbara
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TIGGERS VILLA
    WWW.FLORIDAGOLFVACATIONVILLA.COM
    BILL AND BARBARA WELCOME YOU
    01709 881502

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm no snake expert, but I've not ever heard of a copperhead in the water.

And yepper, there are loads of water moccassins in SC, NC, Georgia, FL, Louisiana, Mississippi, and so on.

A woman I used to know used to terrorize me with stories about them, and she was from SC.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    see i thought water moccasins were dark in colour, we used to see them in our friends back yard as they were on the river. Used to find the babies in her pool filter.

However........i reckon now it was a baby cotton mouth (they are reddish in colour) - Jon said it quite small although it never seems like that when it's swimming at you ( i could have sworn it was 6 ft long :tongue I've sent an email to my friend to see if they ever saw it again and if they have a photo.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are beyond brave for even getting in the water where there are known snakes that also go in the water! And poisonous ones to boot!

Cottonmouths are more dark than not, but rather a brownish, not black? The key feature is of course, that horrifying viper head and the white inside their mouths (hence, cottonmouth). Like I'm going to be close enough to see it's MOUTH OPEN!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are pictures of each. The copperhead and the water moccasin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

WARN ME!!!!! AIUUUUUGUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm so not going to make it through this morning.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    it looked more like the copperhead, more reddy than brown but i can't find many juvenile cottonmouth pictures. I have seen other images that are more red than the one you showed John. Whatever it was it was more likely poisonous because it had the right head. It's an education this site!

Post Thanks / Like
    Only time I ever saw a snake in Florida was at Typhoon Lagoon - just a little harmless one but it drew quite a crowd

I think the only bugs we ever see in villas are cockroaches - ugh nasty things. One year we had a 3bed 2bath villa for the two of us and one morning we found this ginormous cockroach in the ensuite. We dashed in and rescued all the toiletries, put a towel at the bottom of the door so it couldn't escape and then moved into the family bathroom for the last couple of days of our trip

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123