Thread: why is new year so expensive :(

Post Thanks / Like
    I was really hoping to go over christmas and new year to spend it in Epcot but its nearly twice the price of going early in december or late november :( is this right or is it too early to book good prices or something?

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember two years ago we got quote for 2500 for one week just two of us over the new year break :-S

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it's aways really expensive

If you can travel earlier in December you still get to see all the Christmas decorations etc

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    We always go early December, as Sandra says you can still see all the decorations, go to the parties, the parks are much quieter and it's cheaper all round.

Shame though, I was hoping to go over new years for a change this year but I wont be if the price is double!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything, not just the fare to get here, is more expensive. WDW raises the prices of the food, the hotels, the merchandise, so the entire visit is much more overall. Combine that with capacity crowds where some parks (MK usually) close because they are too full, and it's a puzzle why folks would want to put themselves through that!

It's the only time some have to visit, of course but it's still chaotic.

We've been during Christmas, and it is lovely, but that was before everything became much more expensive.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i went for Christmas one year and didn't enjoy it as much as i thought i would, it was very crowded.

Early december is much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo, post: 205083
    I was really hoping to go over christmas and new year to spend it in Epcot but its nearly twice the price of going early in december or late november :( is this right or is it too early to book good prices or something?
    It is so expensive because Disney is well aware that folks are clamoring to be there and therefore will be willing to pay almost any price to be able to do so.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 205624
    i went for Christmas one year and didn't enjoy it as much as i thought i would, it was very crowded.

Early december is much better.
    I know what you mean! My very first visit to WDW was MK on the 27th of December.

Needless to say, I walked away wondering what all the hype was about. LOOOOOONNNNNG lines, shoulder to shoulder people, grumpy cast members (honest!) and no wine available. (Only did a day pass to MK).

It took me 4 years before I returned, and then saw the "beauty" of WDW.

But yeah, that Christmas week visit was chaos.

I've been at Christmas since, but know full well what to expect. If you are there to do more than stand about and "enjoy the atmosphere and people watch" you are going to need a seriously good plan.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle