Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UK Election?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 205161
    I'm going to vote because it's important but I honestly don't know who to vote for. Except I'm not happy with the Conservatives prospective education policies.
    I know we want to avoid getting drawn into too much political debate before we all get upset but what are they saying that's bad Dawn? (and I mean that genuinely from your perspective inside the system so to speak)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Keeping SATs for 7 and 11 year olds when practically every primary school in the country wants rid of them.

And making entry requirements for teachers harder. We need to encourage more young people into teaching, not make it harder. A first class degree does not a brilliant teacher make.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 205164
    Keeping SATs for 7 and 11 year olds when practically every primary school in the country wants rid of them.
    right ok. I've just zero knowledge about that issue so don't know what to say. Why are they a bad thing?

And making entry requirements for teachers harder. We need to encourage more young people into teaching, not make it harder. A first class degree does not a brilliant teacher make.
    totally agree with you there too although I've always felt really we shouldn't employ folks straight out of teacher training college, rather we should go and employ an actual author to teach english, an actual economist for economy and so on. Get the very best who've actually DONE it and pay them a better rate than they'd get at the top of their own profession. In other words teaching would become THE career to get into if you were able to.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Going by the question poll I voted for the wrong party .... told you I knew nothing about politics !!

Just typical

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 205161
    Not the old "shut the door" chestnut I hope. My father in law finds a way to blame everything on this great generic called "the immigrant" and it's so simplistic and stupid that I don't even bother arguing with him any more.

I'm going to vote because it's important but I honestly don't know who to vote for. Except I'm not happy with the Conservatives prospective education policies.
    Unfortunatley the old 'shut the door' thing is rife around here and it upsets me every time I hear it My Dad employs a lot of Polish people. Everybody moans about Polish people 'taking the jobs because their cheaper' what angers me is that the Polish people in Dad's work (And I know, I've worked there twice during the summer) get paid the exact same wages as the English people, but they had a much better work ethic. They are all legal and have their documents to prove it.

If you asked people from the dole queue to go and work in Dad's factory (I say Dad's but he is the manager, not the owner) they wouldn't do the hours, or they 'don't like the job'. Yet, in the same breath those people moan that 'the poles' are taking their 'money and jobs' I know that is stereotyping, but I can only speak from what I've heard/seen around my town

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 205164

I agree The lib dem's education policy seems much better. I know people make empty promises but if Clegg followed through with what he is saying I think education, particularly high school, would be greatly improved

One thing they said that shocked me was that the micro-management of the schools was so bad that the British Syllabus was 1400 pages long. The syllabus in Sweden is 14 pages long, yet their teaching is at a much higher standard than ours
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    yes it is the ol shut the door chestnut. dont you think there is enough people in the country now??? roads are jam packed wherever you want to go, no housing, green belt being built on to satify the housing shortage

it has nothing to do with the race thing if thats what your thinking!!!!

i think there should be an age limit as australia has, and also skills that we need if we do keep letting some immigrants in on a points system. other countries have adopted it so why not us. we cannot sustain how we are going at present. the benefit system annot cope with who is here now let alone more scoungers who think britain is an easy target for freebies
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're going to shout then I'm not discussing this any further. Bowing out of this thread now.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 205242
    If you're going to shout then I'm not discussing this any further. Bowing out of this thread now.
    im not shouting josh, i was just making a point, ive edited it
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 205236
    yes it is the ol shut the door chestnut. dont you think there is enough people in the country now??? roads are jam packed wherever you want to go, no housing, green belt being built on to satify the housing shortage

it has nothing to do with the race thing if thats what your thinking!!!!

i think there should be an age limit as australia has, and also skills that we need if we do keep letting some immigrants in on a points system. other countries have adopted it so why not us. we cannot sustain how we are going at present. the benefit system annot cope with who is here now let alone more scoungers who think britain is an easy target for freebies

Never mind...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 205252

Never mind...
    its just the way i feel about this country at the mo dawn. it seems everyone can have a say except me :(
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast