when do you think i should let virgin know i may need oxygen for the flight. i wont know myself until september when i have my fitness to fly test
i was just going to use mine, as they allow it still even tho they arent supposed to...hmmmm but for the sake of £15 i spose might be betterOriginally Posted by Wendy, post: 13237
got a phone number wen plz
Not sure about that Mick. The police have been ticketing cars in handicapped parking without the proper tags. I think it's terrible that the UK (and any other country's) HC tags are not honored.
i think so too tink, just seems like they want to squeeze every last drop out of tourists, as if disney alone doesnt pull enough revenue into the state, but i guess we do it here too so cant argue with it reallyOriginally Posted by Tink, post: 13265
You can apply for it a couple of ways Mick:
1. Fax all your details through to them and phone up with your credit card details. I think they charge for a CC though.
2. Post it all and include a money order, but you will probably get charged by your bank for one of them :rolleyes008: or you can write all your CC details down as well
3. Go to their offices when you get there.
If you decide to fax or post you will need:
1. Copy of both sides of your disabled badge
2. Copy of your photo ID from your passport
3. Money order for $15 payable to Osceola County Tax Collector or CC details.
Post this to:
Osceola Tax Collector
2501 E Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway
Their phone number is 407 742 4000 and fax number is 407 742 3995.
If you decide to go to their offices, their hours are 8am-4.30pm Mon-Fri.
They tell you to at least 4 weeks for the process to be completed and the tag is valid for 90 days so they advise you not to apply sooner than five to six weeks before the travel date to ensure the tag is valid for the whole of your holiday.
They post the tag back to you at no charge.
I do think its terrible, but it might be because they aren't trained to spot a Phony-UK HC tag, where as they'll know from a mile off with a USA one. It'd be worse to have someone nabbing handicapp spaces with a dodgy permit than it would to ask people to get a HC permit.Originally Posted by Tink, post: 13265
I do agree with what you're saying, and I think they should be free :p015: but it might just be for the best?