Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parade/Fireworks Etiquette

Post Thanks / Like
    I was talking about this to a workmate today. Last time we were at DisneyWorld we waited 2 hours as recommended by the guide books to get a position for the parades. Everytime we had other people try and shove their way in front of us 5 minutes before the start or worse shove their children in front of our family.

How do you handle this? do you politely but firmly say no and shove them back or what?

Post Thanks / Like
    just dont let them thru....i think people like that mick are damn rude...for illuminations i was right up against the fence so no one could get in front, they did try tho, werent having any of it tho...last trip for wishes i was in the disabled bay so had a great view for pix and was seated too then span round and watched MNSSHP parade there as well, im sure will have to check that one ...couldnt have been better
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    We travel as two adults with no kids and don't tend to try and get a spot until 10-15 minutes before showtime - but that's because we know where to go That said we obviously never try and stand in front of anyone else - which is downright rude. If anyone tries to stand in front of us we politely ask them to move. The exception is small children who I will happily let stand/sit in front of me.

Another thing I hate is people who hold their cameras up really high with the LCD screen all lit up in the back which just ruins your view too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, an age old problem. We were at a fence side table in Mexico for Illuminations one time. A family came and crushed themselves between the table and the fence blocking our view! You HAD to see it to believe it!

"Pardon me. Down in front." Or "Pardon me, I'm not able to see through you, " are about the limit of my comments though. Takes from the whole experience to get awkward over a parade view.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    with regards to children being pushed to the front. I like to be able to offer to bring them forward not have a parent expect to push their child to the front. It's just manners really

Post Thanks / Like
    I just growls!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 206350
    I just growls!
    Must try that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 206351
    Must try that!
    Show your teeth at the same time!

for the finish touch!

Post Thanks / Like