Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Voting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 205999
    I think there should be some degree of "work for your benefits" introduced. Yes some people genuinely cannot work and they are the ones that should be looked after. Some of the so-called families near us have adults that sit on their backsides all day and just wait for the money to drop through the door and never lift a finger. And they teach their kids that this is the way to live and it gets entrenched in society. If you are able to work but cannot find a job then there are plenty of places that will be glad of the help in return for your benefits.
    exactly totally agree with that. the problem is plain, they are bone idle and dont want to work

ok we know there can be plenty of low paid jobs at the jobcentres when times are good that you cannot afford to live on, ie pay the rent, council tax gas & leccy. but if they show willing and take the jobs then they get income support to help
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 206001
    I don't think Brit meant child benefit.
    she said inc CB tho
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    My Sister gets tax credits and some benefits (If she got her own house a portion of her rent would be paid) She is in a situation where can't work AND afford child care. It's not financially stable for her to get a full time job as by the time she has earned enough to cover what her benefits pay (I think around 80 a week, but not 100% on that) She can't afford to get child care for Niamh and pay her bills. She works one day a week (the most she can without having her benefits reduced accordingly). In a two-person relationship it is quite easy to earn enough money and still raise your children. (Your partner or yourself could work whilst the other does the child care)

She doesn't like claiming benefits but she has no choice.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    But she's trying Josh.

Some people won't lift a finger except to crack open the next can of cheap lager while they watch the footie on their 50" TV that my income tax has bought for them. That's the sort of thing that needs changing.

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean like these?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 206008
    But she's trying Josh.

Some people won't lift a finger except to crack open the next can of cheap lager while they watch the footie on their 50" TV that my income tax has bought for them. That's the sort of thing that needs changing.
    Definitely She is going to continue with her beauty/hair course soon which will be a full-time job, however because it's training she will still claim some benefits.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 206005
    she said inc CB tho
    yeah I did, but what I meant was that people shouldn't get it unless they really need it. I didn't mean that you shouldn't be able to buy luxuries if you receive it now. But other benefits, yes, I do mean it, not for genuine people we have a duty as citizens to support but for people like Dawn suggests.

The whole culture of receiving benefits is wrong. Only people that are genuinely disadvantaged should receive them. The notion that someone earning 60,000 a year can still get some benefit is just ridiculous imo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh the child tax credit.

Well that is just painful to apply for and if you are earning 60k and go through all that pain for a few quid a week then you clearly have a weird sense of priority.

Post Thanks / Like
    When my youngest was born for various reasons, including health and the fact that i would end up paying my wage to someone else to look after my children, i gave up work.

We have one salary which, contrary to popular belief, is not as great as people imagine and that's it, no benefits other than child benefit, no allowances, no nothing.

Yet we see people who do not very much at all enjoying luxuries we cannot afford

Post Thanks / Like
    Luckily my sister lives at home still so she doesn't have many of the bills that some peopl have but I can't imagine what someone would do if they where kicked out of their parent's for getting pregnant. We live in a country where many people who *want* to work are put at a disadvantage for doing so!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast