Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think #2?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 13336
    Personally I find the US gun laws horrifying anyway, without knowing that people take them to work at Disney.
    What she said - I have very strong personal views about firearms and find the whole US situation frankly horrific - I was stunned by the avaliablity when we were in Wisconsin - think there may have even been an area in the local department store - which for a naive Brit blew me away.

The right to bear arms should only IMHO be a debate about the wearing of t-shirts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep first time I went into Meijer in Michigan I couldn't believe they had ammunition on the shelf next to fishing equipment. I could have just put a box in with my food shopping and paid for them at the checkout no questions asked.

It's very scary.

Post Thanks / Like
    My issue is with the concealed weapon law--period. I don't think those who aren't law enforcement officials (including licensed security guards performing contracted work) should be allowed to carry concealed weapons. Period.

That said, Americans do have a constitutional right to own and use weapons, including firearms. However, that has to be tempered with the rights of individuals and companies who do not want weapons on their property.

I would love to see firearm licensing that requires certification to use the specific firearm and a permit that would have to be renewed every two years or so, with the primary reason for non-renewal being any type of criminal activity. Obviously, a background check for each renewal.

The NRA is powerful, indeed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 13356
    What she said - I have very strong personal views about firearms and find the whole US situation frankly horrific - I was stunned by the avaliablity when we were in Wisconsin - think there may have even been an area in the local department store - which for a naive Brit blew me away.
    I think there was a quote on the west wing that said something like "the only requirement for gun ownership is to be legally sane, as if applying to own one in the first place wasnt a pretty good indication of insanity"

The right to bear arms should only IMHO be a debate about the wearing of t-shirts.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You can purchase firearms in every day shops. Ammunition too. Yes, you have to sign a few papers, etc... but you can purchase them.

Handguns are a bit more controlled. You'll need a permit in most places. Posses, or carry, or carry concealed are some of the types you can get.

I do understand about leaving the world to the criminals. :( "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." I've read that a million times. :(

I don't know what the answer is, but surely it can't be having handguns in vehicles at places of employment regardless of where those places are?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 13358
    Yep first time I went into Meijer in Michigan I couldn't believe they had ammunition on the shelf next to fishing equipment. I could have just put a box in with my food shopping and paid for them at the checkout no questions asked.

It's very scary.
    When the concept of outlet store malls was relatively new, I went to one that had been open for about a month. It was in an undeveloped are of a small city (much larger today). The sign on the door said something to the effect: No firearms or other weapons allowed.

I never had seen this before! It's common now, but..."eek"

Post Thanks / Like
    How do the NRA justify keeping the second amendment in light of the ever-increasing rate of gun crime then?

Post Thanks / Like
    I once (loonnnnnnng time ago) walked into a fast food restaurant in Tennessee (I was a kid on my way home to the northeast, driving a souped up Chevy with flames painted along the sides! LOL!) and many of the customers there had revolvers strapped to their hips!

Needless to say, I left quickly, me and my northeast plates! LOL!

Not casting stones at Tennessee, just saying that was a first for me and whew, it shocked me!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 13370
    How do the NRA justify keeping the second amendment in light of the ever-increasing rate of gun crime then?
    can open, worms everywhere - can't see a way to get them all back in

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 13371
    I

Not casting stones at Tennessee,

Should think not Missy! Guns is one thing but you could take an eye out with a stone!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast