Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I pay more for a deluxe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Question to anyone whos stayed at the value and deluxe resorts in Disney. Do you think the extra money for the deluxe is worth it?

I know youre going to say its upto me which it is but Id like some advice on what makes the deluxes worth more. If they were identical to values no one would pay more right so there must be something!

Post Thanks / Like
    this is my personal opinion ................. i would pay for the view of a park and the fact they are closer to the parks also the fact they are more of a hotel style with internal corridors so you dont here everyones feet going past your door also the rooms have thoose extra touches. the food options tend to be better also (sorry dont like cattle market school dinning room type place) as i say thats my personal opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    i don't tend to see the hotels as value, mod, deluxe but go on their theming. I love the all starts just as much as the deluxe hotels i have stayed in. Lots of people don't spend long in their rooms so feel it's a waste to spend more on a room, others disagree.

where were you thinking of?

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont fancy any of the values, but id defo want to stay at any of the moderates they all look fantasmic, deluxes are way out of my financial scope sadly
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    We have stayed in all three ranges. Most of the time the only reason we use our room is to sleep, so the value works well for us. We will be staying in a mod in October. Normally we only pick a deluxe if we get a super price on it. For example, when the Shades Of Green was being remodeled, we got the GF for the unheard of price of $99/night. Using our AP we can normally get a value for between $74-84/night where as about the cheapest deluxe would be around $180-200/night so you can see there is quite a savings when you mostly use the room to sleep.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    we got the contemporary for $99 at the same time too John great deal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 206203
    we got the contemporary for $99 at the same time too John great deal
    where do you get your prices from brit?
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 206212
    where do you get your prices from brit?
    It was the same deal as John's as Shades of Green was being refurbished we got offered good rates at other hotels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 206213
    It was the same deal as John's as Shades of Green was being refurbished we got offered good rates at other hotels.
    ok, SoG is the forces site right, and is that heavily discounted because its forces??
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 206214
    ok, SoG is the forces site right, and is that heavily discounted because its forces??
    Mick it is probably the best priced deluxe at WDW and you don't have to pay the taxes. Yes it is for the forces. However, as a Department of Defense Civilian worker I can also use it. While it was being refurbished, while it wasn't closed, it was very difficult to get a reservation. They were offering some tremendous deals at Disney's Deluxe Resorts as a result. They will still make these offers if they are booked solid. They just may not be quite that good again.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast