Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organizing photos

Post Thanks / Like
    Im thinking that Ill be taking thousands of photos :D but I dont know how to keep them safe and organize them

Do you just save the memory cards or print them all out or is there something on the computer to sort through them all or something. New at this

Post Thanks / Like
    i took 2000 on my last trip, kept them all on my mem cards until i got home then i just put them in a relevant trip folder say florida 2010 then sub folders, they are folders within the main folder of the different parks. so

main folder = florida 2010
    sub folders = , MK, AK, Epcot etc etc

i also keep them all on my laptop snd my spare pc :D
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to sort them by date.

Are you taking a laptop? if so you could download them every evening and delete the ones that haven't come out well. I then save them to the laptop, save to a DVD and then save to a portable hard drive. May be a bit overkill but they are important to me. I can't imagine how devastated i would be if i lost my holiday pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    I take thousands every trip and travel with a laptop or netbook so that I can download them at the end of the day. I sort them by date - which I'm not sure is the best way - I might start sorting by park instead. I'm a nightmare at deleting any of the pictures so have hundreds of "bad" shots lol

I personally wouldn't risk just keeping them on a card - my dad went to Africa on safari and used one card all trip (high memory card) when he got home turned out the card was corrupt and he couldn't get the pictures off!!! Luckily my mum had taken a camera too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare-Swindlehurst, post: 206278
    I take thousands every trip and travel with a laptop or netbook so that I can download them at the end of the day. I sort them by date - which I'm not sure is the best way - I might start sorting by park instead. I'm a nightmare at deleting any of the pictures so have hundreds of "bad" shots lol

I personally wouldn't risk just keeping them on a card - my dad went to Africa on safari and used one card all trip (high memory card) when he got home turned out the card was corrupt and he couldn't get the pictures off!!! Luckily my mum had taken a camera too.
    saving by park does have its fors, easier to find for one as you know exactly where the park shots will be.

id never ever recommend saving all photos to just one huge mem card, i take quite a few smaller ones, always worked for me. saying that tho if you have a portable hdd and or take a laptop or netbook thats even better. i have no choice but to keep them on a card as i dont ever take a laptop with me
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like

iPhoto (I've got aperture too but not got round to organising properly) can split your photos into days/events automatically on import :) You can then export them to other programs for back-up or to put on a DVD etc!

If you're on windows, picasa is pretty useful for organising into a database
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 206322

iPhoto (I've got aperture too but not got round to organising properly) can split your photos into days/events automatically on import :) You can then export them to other programs for back-up or to put on a DVD etc!

If you're on windows, picasa is pretty useful for organising into a database
    Where do you buy aperture? Are they expensive?

Post Thanks / Like
    aperture can be bought in the apple store

Aperture 3 - Apple Store (U.K.)

Post Thanks / Like
    GASP! the price! :-( is it worth it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 206348
    GASP! the price! :-( is it worth it?
    i don't know.........i don't have a mac

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast