Thread: Random question but....

Post Thanks / Like
    .. when the iPhone came out in the UK, did they have some models you could 'play' with in the apple store before you could actually buy it? As in, the weeks before it actually going on-sale?

Just a thought, as I was wondering if the iPad would be on display in stores but not for sale until the 28th?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that too, not even a poster in either Manchester stores last weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, there were no iphones out to play with before the actual release date. Again this is how Apple do it, you don't see stuff in there that isn't available to buy (other than out of stock of course)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    What Keith said!

For the iPad launch over here, the Apple store didn't even get the stock in the back door until the night before the launch. When I got to the mall at 5 AM, I was talking to a couple of Apple employees who were taking a break outside.

They'd been there all night doing inventory and setting the store up for the morning launch.

Tom (... last minute preparations!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 206862
    What Keith said!

For the iPad launch over here, the Apple store didn't even get the stock in the back door until the night before the launch. When I got to the mall at 5 AM, I was talking to a couple of Apple employees who were taking a break outside.

They'd been there all night doing inventory and setting the store up for the morning launch.

Tom (... last minute preparations!)
    See, I was thinking since everyone knew about it and it had been out in the states first, we might have got a 'sneak peak' in store Now Keith has said and I've thought about it- that's not really an 'apple' thing to do!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I walk past the apple store in the Bullring everyday. Alas, I've never seen a product there before it was available to buy! If that changes with the iPad, I'll let everyone know!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkE, post: 207558
    I walk past the apple store in the Bullring everyday. Alas, I've never seen a product there before it was available to buy! If that changes with the iPad, I'll let everyone know!!
    The day after it was announced I was in there and asked one of the store assistants if he'd be getting an iPad (my friend was buying an iPhone) and he said "An i What?!" Clearly I was the first one to ask and he had no idea!
    Follow Me on Pinterest