Thread: Which rainforest cafe is better?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok maybe a daft question but Ive just read there is a rainforest cafe in the animal kingdom park itself, is that one any better than the one at downtown disney? I wondered if it may be more themed or anything

Post Thanks / Like
    They are pretty much the same
    The Rainforest Cafe at AK isn't actually in the park, it's just outside the entrance so you don't need a park ticket to eat there. We had breakfast there earlier this year and it was delicious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. They are the same restaurant, the same chain. So is T-Rex, the same chain I mean.

Nothing different between the RFCs other than location and a bit of the layout. Themes are identical.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    we only went to ak one cos we went in the park afterwards it hust worked out better for us. dont forget at ak if you drive parking at ak is $14 so its ok if you go into the park as well. parking is free at downtown disney so if its just food make it dd, i think

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chief, post: 206884
    we only went to ak one cos we went in the park afterwards it hust worked out better for us. dont forget at ak if you drive parking at ak is $14 so its ok if you go into the park as well. parking is free at downtown disney so if its just food make it dd, i think
    However, if you are staying on site parking is also free at the parks.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 206940
    However, if you are staying on site parking is also free at the parks.
    oh yes of course it is

Post Thanks / Like
    On our visits the AK site seemed to be a lot less crazily busy. Maybe we were just lucky though! Everything else is pretty much the same - food, store, etc.
    Happy DVC Members since 1992! (OKW)

Post Thanks / Like
    We went to the one at AK on a day when we weren't in that park. We arrived just as the park was shutting, parked right in the front car park, and the restaurant was virtually empty. Fantastic (We did have free parking though).

We then got loads of photos outside the AK main entrance after our dinner with no one else around.