Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So Who Does What In Your House When Planning Your Next Trip

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmmm dont sound like all the family gets in on the act.

when i mean planning i mean it very loosely, all i do is flights, villa and tickets after asking where they want to go, then we decide where we are going the night before, we just dont want to be at a given place at a given time for meals etc we just go with the flow itinery wise. maybe one day i will book say YSH for a meal just to visit a disney ressy. but theres no way every day have an adr booked, we just dont want our holiday to go that direction, works for us :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    i find planning every day stops any arguements that could happen....everyone is more or less happy with our way

i enjoy making reservations as it adds a bit more magic into the holiday i like to push the boat out as seeing as it costs alot to get there i dont want to scrimp and scrape and live on fast food it just all adds to the magic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I do all the planning and booking in our house, my youngest likes helping too. He loves my lists and likes sitting reading them. I see a great Disney planning future for him heeheeheehee!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 207456
    i find planning every day stops any arguements that could happen....everyone is more or less happy with our way

i enjoy making reservations as it adds a bit more magic into the holiday i like to push the boat out as seeing as it costs alot to get there i dont want to scrimp and scrape and live on fast food it just all adds to the magic
    omg no i couldnt live on fast food there. we cook back at the villa, i know thats not everyones cuppa t but its how we like to do things. weve never not had a great time so we are happy the way we do it :D
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 207458
    omg no i couldnt live on fast food there. we cook back at the villa, i know thats not everyones cuppa t but its how we like to do things. weve never not had a great time so we are happy the way we do it :D
    exactly each to there own

i dont want to be cooking and making beds when im on holiday i do enough of that when im at home

its the only time i dont have to worry about not having to do chores
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 207460
    exactly each to there own

i dont want to be cooking and making beds when im on holiday i do enough of that when im at home

its the only time i dont have to worry about not having to do chores
    thats it on the nose.

den dont mind doing all that. we do eat out as well. but its different with us now shes the wage earner and we have to let finance dictate what we can and cant do as we dont have a great deal of disposable income, we do scrimp and scrape every we can muster in the time we decide to go, to the time we actually go. next trip it will certainly be a culture shock as we only have to pay for 2 as lauren doesnt want to go, mikey wants to with his GF but he knows he has to pay even tho hes at uni, he does earn when he comes home in the holidays at the school.

i just love the idea of a home from home and the peace and quiet of a villa to a hotel. i would however love to stay at a disney hotel even if it was only once, not really interested in say a hotel on i drive i just dont think it would suit me or more to the point my condition
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 207464
    thats it on the nose.

den dont mind doing all that. we do eat out as well. but its different with us now shes the wage earner and we have to let finance dictate what we can and cant do as we dont have a great deal of disposable income, we do scrimp and scrape every we can muster in the time we decide to go, to the time we actually go. next trip it will certainly be a culture shock as we only have to pay for 2 as lauren doesnt want to go, mikey wants to with his GF but he knows he has to pay even tho hes at uni, he does earn when he comes home in the holidays at the school.

i just love the idea of a home from home and the peace and quiet of a villa to a hotel. i would however love to stay at a disney hotel even if it was only once, not really interested in say a hotel on i drive i just dont think it would suit me or more to the point my condition
    You might be surprised at how much you like being on site! My husband who normally will drive any where really loves having a break from all the driving! It doesn't really bother us if we have to wait a few minutes for a bus, hey we're on vacation!! We don't have to be any where fast. I feel bad that I can't spell him for a bit, I have a hard time driving when my heart rate speeds up and I never know where or when it will happen. Even at home I don't drive on the thruway or highways anymore. We too are on one income these days. And with our large family, it's hard to get everyone together at one time.

Post Thanks / Like
    With any trip I tend to do the research and look at options, mainly as I now have more time on my hands than Mr Deb. Then we sit down and decide everything together (usually over a good bottle of wine :D ). I then tend to do any online or phone booking of things, but I use his credit card so I suppose we do equal bits of that job :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 207504
    You might be surprised at how much you like being on site! My husband who normally will drive any where really loves having a break from all the driving! It doesn't really bother us if we have to wait a few minutes for a bus, hey we're on vacation!! We don't have to be any where fast. I feel bad that I can't spell him for a bit, I have a hard time driving when my heart rate speeds up and I never know where or when it will happen. Even at home I don't drive on the thruway or highways anymore. We too are on one income these days. And with our large family, it's hard to get everyone together at one time.
    im sure i would like it, but cant afford a 2 week holiday exclusively onsite. i really luv driving over there so it doesnt bother me in the slightest. we do have 2 wages coming in but i only work 16hrs per week, so its not a great deal
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan and everyone else rolls their eyes at me

We don't plan things down to the last detail, but I make sure everyone does what they don't want to miss, eats at their favorite place, etc. This trip will be totally different with the kids and possibly my parents, but they will show up just the same and think it all magically came together.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123