Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: so gordan brown is gone

Post Thanks / Like
    I struggle to tell the difference between Clegg and Cameron - its helpful that they wear different coloured ties :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 207764
    I struggle to tell the difference between Clegg and Cameron - its helpful that they wear different coloured ties :D
    I'm glad someone else said that, I've been thinking it for weeks
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    you both need to get to specsavers
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Gordon Brown's kids were super cute, did anyone see them when they left No. 10? who knew that was possible!!!!!!!!

Not just cute but super cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bambi-Belle*, post: 207896
    Gordon Brown's kids were super cute, did anyone see them when they left No. 10? who knew that was possible!!!!!!!!

Not just cute but super cute!!!!!!!!!!!!
    must have taken after their mum not him
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very wary of the conservatives being in power as I was a working class child of the 80s who was brought up in a small mining town. It's hard to forgive and forget how the conservatives treated the poor back then. I still remember the devastation that was caused to families and witnessed how communities were torn apart. We were lucky as my Dad was a plumber and my Mum was a nurse, but many of my Dad's brothers and friends were not so lucky.
    I also went to a poor area school where we had no supplies and shared old text books ect.. Also where we were taught by teachers who had no knowledge of the subjects they were teaching due to cut backs and underfunding.

I just hope lessons have been learned and that we don't have a repeat of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer like the last time they were in power. Maybe having the Libdems in there will keep some sort of balance. I really don't know though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bambi-Belle*, post: 207901
    I am very wary of the conservatives being in power as I was a working class child of the 80s who was brought up in a small mining town. It's hard to forgive and forget how the conservatives treated the poor back then. I still remember the devastation that was caused to families and witnessed how communities were torn apart.
    Same here. I can't forgive what they did to my family. My brother is still paying back his debt to Thatcherism.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 207993
    Same here. I can't forgive what they did to my family. My brother is still paying back his debt to Thatcherism.
    that was then and this is now, i think we need a change we couldnt let brown stay and carry on. i also remember how the last labour gov left this country in before her...
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I find so fascinating about politics. Two people's experience can differ so widely. For me the Thatcher/Major years were nothing but good. I left school and started a summer job before college. I had money in my pocket for the first time. Mum and Dad had it good due to Dad having unlimited overtime. They were forever abroad. I bought my first home. I know there will be similar stories whoever is in power but I'm just interested how things differ around the country.

Post Thanks / Like
    it was a much better time for us too claire, you can only go by your own experiences, everyone exp is different. its a real shame people suffered for one reason or another and they see others prosper, but thats how life is i guess
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast