Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: dv head cleaning tape

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warks,uk
    Posts
    1,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok so my camcorder keeps coming up with head cleaaning needed so i have a head cleaning tape and its still doing it grrrrrrrr

    what now ??

    i cant get the rest of my things of my tapes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    on the tape it tells you how long to run it for, only do it for that amount of time no longer, ive never had that message although i do clean the heads every so often. what make of tapes are you using trace are they a good brand, cheap ones tend to leave muck on the heads. is it the sanyo corder?
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warks,uk
    Posts
    1,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 207906
    on the tape it tells you how long to run it for, only do it for that amount of time no longer, ive never had that message although i do clean the heads every so often. what make of tapes are you using trace are they a good brand, cheap ones tend to leave muck on the heads. is it the sanyo corder?

    its my jvc camcorder

    yep i run it for the amount of time it said ....

    i only use good tapes jvc etc dont use cheap ones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 207907
    its my jvc camcorder

    yep i run it for the amount of time it said ....

    i only use good tapes jvc etc dont use cheap ones
    how old is that one trace?

    ok good girl lol

    if it keeps coming up try taking some footage with a new tape, play it back and see what the quality is like, it its a bit shabby it could be the heads are knackered, maybe the reason for the head cleaning message all the time.

    sometimes i also use, oh god whats the purple cleaning spirit, not turps, but i use that with a cotton bud to see if there any tape residue left on it
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warks,uk
    Posts
    1,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 207909
    how old is that one trace?

    ok good girl lol

    if it keeps coming up try taking some footage with a new tape, play it back and see what the quality is like, it its a bit shabby it could be the heads are knackered, maybe the reason for the head cleaning message all the time.

    sometimes i also use, oh god whats the purple cleaning spirit, not turps, but i use that with a cotton bud to see if there any tape residue left on it
    it was fine the other day

    none of the tapes will playback without having the crean lines come on with the message

    it shouldnt be knackered as i have hardly used it ...cost 700 quid so was cheap either
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warks,uk
    Posts
    1,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok its working now....how strange is that.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 207923
    ok its working now....how strange is that.....
    strange but not unheard of. sometimes i get coloured squares on mine onlt at the beginning of a recording, only happened in florida, may have been moisture i really dont know...i know one thing i dont want to really move away from dv tapes unless i really have to. i will have to do some homework on the hdd cameras to see how easy it is to get the footage on to a pc
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warks,uk
    Posts
    1,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    im not going back to dv tapes im only getting my footage off and onto dvd.....it is too much hassle and with my sanyo which is sd memory i can still edit my clips and it only takes minutes to get them on laptop

    and the fact its waterproof it came in handy for filming at the waterparks and it didnt matter if it rained
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 207927
    im not going back to dv tapes im only getting my footage off and onto dvd.....it is too much hassle and with my sanyo which is sd memory i can still edit my clips and it only takes minutes to get them on laptop

    and the fact its waterproof it came in handy for filming at the waterparks and it didnt matter if it rained
    yeah i know you are :D

    oh its that one thats waterproof did they turn out good?

    so you havent a hdd one just sd?
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warks,uk
    Posts
    1,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 207951
    yeah i know you are :D

    oh its that one thats waterproof did they turn out good?

    so you havent a hdd one just sd?

    yes the waterproof one is just as good as the jvc if not slightly better......it was convienient to use on rides including water rides infact the everest video was done with the sanyo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •