Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do l need a slap...................

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 208037
    never said we were argueing

yeh obviously had she said in the op that she was already going away then i wouldnt have put my first choice

house improvements always need to be done and atleast you get to see something for your money

florida can wait a few years
    no very true, wrong choice of word then :D

dont i know it, lounge, kitchen, hall landing and stairs all just done with skimmed ceilings to get rid of the awful artex [i think shes trying to kill me ]

yes it can especially if your going away already and cyprus im told is a great place to go...mikeys off to ayanapa [sp] in aug, wish he wasnt tbh
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you go to Disneyland Paris as a compromise? I have NO idea what that would cost but I imagine it would be cheaper than flying to Orlando.

I'd also do the kitchen.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 208069
    Could you go to Disneyland Paris as a compromise? I have NO idea what that would cost but I imagine it would be cheaper than flying to Orlando.
    fractionally! and definitely not pro rata lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you've given the key, Siobhan, haven't you? The children, those who you are making memories with, prefer something other than WDW. They realize that memories are about people and not places, eh?

When your house is done, you can look toward another holiday at WDW.

It will be there.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a very normal 3 bed semi. But the children are growing ,and the children they bring round are growing to. My babies are 10, 14 and 16. We need more space so people can be in different areas of the house.
    I would move but even with the slump a 4 bed bigger house is roughly 350k. I realyy was after people's points of view . I love Disnay/Orlando as much as everybody but now we are paying adult prices for us, l find it very hard to justify 5k on flights,hotel,car and tickets. And that's without spending money.

Johnie Disneyland Paris is soooooooooooooooo expensive. Sometimes it is cheaper to come to Orlando . But, that is a thought ,a couple of nights there might keep his hunger at bay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 208074
    I live in a very normal 3 bed semi. But the children are growing ,and the children they bring round are growing to. My babies are 10, 14 and 16. We need more space so people can be in different areas of the house.
    I would move but even with the slump a 4 bed bigger house is roughly 350k. I realyy was after people's points of view . I love Disnay/Orlando as much as everybody but now we are paying adult prices for us, l find it very hard to justify 5k on flights,hotel,car and tickets. And that's without spending money.

Johnie Disneyland Paris is soooooooooooooooo expensive. Sometimes it is cheaper to come to Orlando . But, that is a thought ,a couple of nights there might keep his hunger at bay.
    then you have to do the extention siobhan, it will be quite a few years untill all of the kids are gone, didnt realise apart from liam they were that young tbh...how is your house built is the kitchen next to the lounge at the back or front? are you wanting a one or two storey extention? have you thought about a loft conversion as well?
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    so Siobhan, what are you thinking now then?

I just know that as my house is a small 3 bed, and seeing how big the boys and their friends are getting, AND given that a holiday in the sun is already booked, i would go for the extension.

It'll make such a difference to your lives, just that extra bit of space will let you all breathe out a little further!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there in October , Siobhan .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 207995
    Thank you all, Tink l have always thought of you as practical.

I just can't see beyond the house. It would improve our lives so much, bigger kitchen /dining room. And an office and utility. I can promise you Liam isn't going anywhere soon!!!!
    We are off to Cyprus as a family in a couple of weeks and a "swimming holiday" is what my children love and would "shock" choose this over a trip to WDW.
    You people are living in a dream world LOL!!!They never stop coming on vacation with you!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hun i would be going with the home. Its a debate we had this year as i need a new kitchen but due to DH and i not being able to go away to some were like New York again in the future we went with that but next year it will be the house.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast