Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 208230
    I'm sure he is huddled in a dark corner quietly dribbling onto his new iPad
    i bet he is too while helen goes shopping
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    A typical Friday, it's quiet at work. I've got football training tonight so have to plan an interesting session for 11 seven year olds.

We are also trying to decide wether or not to go on holiday in June. Do we have a beach holiday at the In-Laws house in Turkey or do something more exciting?????

I need to plan out an interesting route for a cycle on Sunday covering at least 40 miles with as many hills as possible, but i'm struggling to find the motivation for that at the moment !!

Post Thanks / Like
    just a boring for you to read day for me, got two desktops building on the go and configuring 2 new laptops as well...still only 70mins to go and im off home.

WOOHOO its the weekend :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry mark, its hard to lose a beloved pet

I have a weekend of shopping for dh and packing for beth and myself. We are off to Cardiff on monday for 4 nights. I am taking Beth on Thursday to see her beloved Westlife. She is way too excited . WE will be looking at the shops and eating some nice meals out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, sorry to hear that you have to put your beloved pet down. We had to put down our 18 year cat a couple of years back and I still think about him to this very day.

Lobsterfest tomorrow, was supposed to be off today but I'm acting Branch Chief for the next two weeks.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    for Mark and for Claire.

Well, we go to Andalucia for 8 days on Tuesday....same place as last time, though this time we will be staying in the village instead of on our own a couple of miles out. It is a real little Spanish whitewashed village, no supermarkets, and our place has a roof terrace with a pool and a view over the rooftops to the Med! The weather is 27C and we can't wait, we soooo need to feel the sun - we have had 2 days this week where it snowed and 4 mornings of a frost so hard we had to defrost the cars. We've also both had a bug for a week and are feeling a bit run-down. So this weekend will be spent packing and getting the house ready for our amazing house/pet sitter.

Bit worried about the volcanic ash situation though....we cannot afford to get stranded there as our housesitter has to leave on the day we are due back, and we can only get someone else to get here as an emergency for the following 24 hours. Everyone just blow those winds northwards till we get back so it keeps it well out of our way!

Have a good weekend, whatever you are doing :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkE, post: 208196
    Today is a bittersweet day for me: I've got to go say goodbye to Sparkie, my family's 18 year old cat. She has a tumor in her face / throat that the vet can't remove, she can't clean herself, can't eat anything other than sandwich meat (and that is hurting her), it's taking her ages to drink even the smallest amount of water, and she's struggling to breathe. It's the humane thing to do, but very sad. Prayers for my mom please, as me and my sister have grown up and moved out, leaving poor Sparkie with mom for the past few years. She'll miss her the most...

Other than that... well today is also an ace day. Please join me in a waltz of wonder... that old double digit dance!!

In just 99 days, I will be on a plane to what is almost my favourite place in the world... New York City!!

So very sorry to hear that, it's so hard to make that decision isn't it.They are such faithful companions. Prayers your way to be at peace and look forward to hearing of a new addition maybe for your Mom to keep her company. Woohoo to the other bit !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 208205
    Toughest day for me. My beautiful, funny, talented, selfish, untidy, stroppy eldest child moves out today. The peace it will bring will be wonderful. The silence it will ring will be deafening.
    Claire, if she lives close to home you will probably see her more than you did before ( usually grocery shopping in front of your fridge and pantry!!!!) It happened with all of ours. They never leave, don't ya know!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, our week end started last night. Ty had 5 boys from school for a sleep over( and I use that term loosely) They had today off from school and will spend the day feeding them in between soccer, football ect. Will take them to Dave and Busters tonight( a grown up Chuckie Cheese lol) Tomorrow is Track and hockey, also my nieces graduation from college. Sunday is hockey and Tyler's, Jennifer' and trey's birthday at the house. I will have to find time to clean and cook for the occasion and I don't feel like it. I'm getting over an upper respiratory thing and still feel like garbage. Comes from standing outside in the pouring rain and 60 mile an hour winds last week end for a ##* track meet. lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast