Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Keep your fingers crossed please

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever happened to common sense?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that is just ridiculous That dog would have been so happy living with you guys!
    You can see from your photos that you take that Willow goes everywhere with you that she possibly can and has a fantastic life.

So sorry Dawn, that just has my blood boiling.

Post Thanks / Like
    that's just ridiculous. I understand that you can't leave a puppy for too long on it's own, but if it has another dog for company and is trained properly than a few hours of 'alone' time it will be fine. I would understand if that dog had behavioural difficulties with being left alone alone, such as separation anxiety, but it is perfectly healthy to leave a dog alone for 5-6 hours a day Especially with another dog for company.

It's really angered me. They're never going to find homes for dogs if everyone has to be 100% perfect. Willow goes everywhere with you that she can, you take her more places than any other dog owner I've known!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlie sleeps all day when we're out, we know because we've videoed him!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn, that's so sad...for all of you AND for the puppy :(

Post Thanks / Like
    What I don't understand is that most rescues try to discourage people buying from breeders because of the sheer amount that end up in re-homing centres. Denying people who would be AMAZING for owning a dog isn't the way to do this!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry dawn, it's crazy nuts here too. The paperwork alone was insane. More like adopting a baby. The references, the vet to be checked, the kennel and on and on. You can leave to go to work with a baby but not with a dog. Did they even see Willow? There were days that Sabre was alone for 8 -10 hours when we worked, and trust me there wasn't a more spoiled dog than he.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Wow. That's just totally stinking stupid.

There is a man who works for the same corporation as I do. He breeds German shepards, and has an extremely rigorous homing process. He will not sell to someone just because they have the money. His pups are in high demand.

He was turned down too.

Sometimes people forget that it's about the DOG and not THEM.

I'm sorry Dawn, but mostly I'm sorry for that little puppy.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've calmed down now. It's just annoying that we weren't allowed to fully explain our situation. Yes we both work but one of us works at home a lot of the time. We got as far as "yes we both work but..." and that was the end of the conversation.

And this is not the first time a rescue place has rejected us. Dogs Trust practically recoiled in horror when we mentioned we had a child.

So, we'll wait now until we return from Florida and then start checking the breeders to see who has a litter iminent. It's seems to be the only option for us. We don't want to perpetuate the cycle of breeding puppies but what choice do we have. Not have a dog altogether? Not an option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I know you quite cross at the minute, but please don't totally discount ALL rescues there are lots out there who don't have 'blanket' bans on people with children and who work.
    I wouldn't have been able to have my 6 if that was the case.

I have adopted from Hope Rescue and Four Paws Animal Rescue, they both judge each individual circumstances, I adopted my first puppy from Hope when Lizzie was 6 and I was working part time

Nicki

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast