Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Luck to all those sitting GCSEs

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan has done one - Religious Studies - one down, 17 to go .... between now and 25th June - he said his life is on hold until then

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    i think everyone did RE Sandra, Dan's glad he never has to do it again! haven't counted how many exams to go though!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had my ears chewed with how many exams he has to do.... tomorrow is Business Studies.. then Biology Friday, never ending moaning !!

Then after half term Arun's A levels kick in, so double trouble!!!

At least Kyle's SAT'S are over - it's been quite a year - not sure how we managed to plan it that way....

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    i was going to say that was bad planning!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Jamie had one a couple of weeks ago but tomorrow they start with a vengeance!

The thing he's most looking forward to is dropping each subject once he's taken each final exam! I find it odd though that our schools are doing it differently.

As I said, starting tomorrow Jamie can drop each subject once he's taken the final exam but my niece who is the same age and at a school less than 10 minutes from Jamies by car is finishing tomorrow and just going in for each exam.

How odd is that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan finished school last Friday and just has to go in for exams, but he has gone in a couple of times for revision classes.

He's already chosen his A Level subjects for Sixth Form ( as long as he gets the marks to get in..)

Psycology
    Ethics
    English Language
    Media Studies

and they have to do General Studies as well.

They then drop 1 subject and the General Studies after 1 year

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan finished last friday and is on study leave. I actually think he is buckling down! I think the schools should all do the same to be honest. He's chosen Physics, Maths, Geography and History for A Level so fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like
    General studies was the bain of my life It really annoyed me that it was compulsory and I found my other lessons gave me enough pressure without the worry of something that turned out not to be worth any UCAS points!! I got a C with minimal effort though

He'll love Media Studies It is without a doubt my favourite subject but we're so far into the year now that it is perhaps getting a bit tedious with revision (but every subject is!)

Best of luck with the rest of his GCSE's, I'm sure he'll get into Sixth form
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    D day tomorrow I'm more nervous than Dan!

Post Thanks / Like
    yaaaay! how many butterflies did i have this morning?!

Jamie did well, I'm so pleased....he's got the results he needs to get into college so that's a weight lifted! WELL DONE JAMIE!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast