Thread: best villa area without a car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Every villa we look at really recommends having a car but we probably wont have a driver next time.

Is there any area where the cab costs to main parks would be cheap or are all the villa areas really far away?

Post Thanks / Like
    If I am honest what you are looking for, it might be better off if you actually stay at one of the Disney resort..

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with deafjeff as most [if not all] of the villa communities are located some distance from WDW.
    Maybe try one of the self catering DVC locations like OKW?

Post Thanks / Like
    Using a cab for transport between a villa and WDW or anything, grocery shops, other shops, other parks, would require a significant budget. You may be better off hiring a town car and driver for the whole time, instead of relying on cabs. You would know what the cost would be and could budget for it instead of being at the mercy of (often) ruthless cab drivers.

Otherwise, I'd stay on site for sure! OKW has beautiful (and the largest!) villas. It's a lovely area with a vast landscaped setting (golf course in some areas). Peaceful, yet lively with activities that you can choose to join or not, it's our Home DVC resort and we love it there.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to say the same as Tink - it will take alot of your spending money getting cabs everywhere.

It is very easy to drive so if you really want a villa could you not find someone in your group to do the driving? It's very easy.

I can't help with onsite accomodation, but there's lots of choice for you and you already have some advice above from other members, so weigh up all the pros and cons and I'm sure you'll find the perfect place to stay.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    i think it would be cheaper staying in a villa and renting a car than staying onsite for 2 weeks if thats how long you are going for....someone correct me if im wrong
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 209074
    i think it would be cheaper staying in a villa and renting a car than staying onsite for 2 weeks if thats how long you are going for....someone correct me if im wrong
    Yes it would be cheaper but the OP has said they don't have a driver so not an option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 209097
    Yes it would be cheaper but the OP has said they don't have a driver so not an option.
    probably wont
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    we had someone drive last time but no not this time I know it must be great when you have someone who likes driving but we just wont be in that position this time.

sounds like a villa onsite would be best I didnt realise they did actual villas on site

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 209319
    we had someone drive last time but no not this time I know it must be great when you have someone who likes driving but we just wont be in that position this time.

sounds like a villa onsite would be best I didnt realise they did actual villas on site
    it looks like your only option. unless you find a villa resort close to the parks somewhere like formosa gardens, then find out how much cabs are to fit your itinery. then work that out to how much it would cost to stay onsite.
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008